Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

controler not working HELP

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

controler not working HELP

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 01:28 AM
paulaballa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default controler not working HELP

I just got a gws cable for my futaba 6ex to use with fms.I thought it was going to work when I pluged it in and turned on my receiver but Im not getting any action.I have a century sim controller also thats what I have been using that works fine.I went to th fms forum but didnt find much I used the map numbers 4,3,2,1,4,3,2,1 but still nothing.Anyone have answers?
Old 02-12-2008, 05:30 AM
flyX

Default RE: controler not working HELP

There's ppm and pcm setting for your TX...Only one of them works with FMS, I forget which one..try switching between the two.

Have you calibrated the tx in window first ? (not in FMS)
Are you getting any signals. Are the meters moving when you calibrate in FMS?
Old 02-13-2008, 09:22 AM
broke_n_bummin

For FMS, you have to switch to PPM. FMS will only recognize PPM. Don't bother calibrating the controller in windows, FMS uses its own drivers.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:08 AM
flyX

You have to calibrate in window..otherwise Window won't recognize any signals for any games, sims, and etc.
FMS runs in Window. This is where you can calibrate a gamepad to act more like your TX....by taking out
the gain , adjusting the exponents or sentivities...because Gampads are more sensitive than a TX.

Then calibrate in whatever software or sim you're using.

Kind of like programing your Computerized TX. Another way to make a model less sensitives for new comers
is to adjust the gain cruve in your TX. Make the sticks less sensitive at center...not just the expos (max throw).
In a computerized TX..you can also adjust the expo only on one side of the stick. Very useful when adjusting the throttle
but also useful when you get a model that rolls more on oneside than the other.
In a none computerize TX, when you adjust the expos..it's for both side of the sticks.
Old 02-15-2008, 02:02 PM
broke_n_bummin

ORIGINAL: flyX

You have to calibrate in window..otherwise Window won't recognize any signals for any games, sims, and etc.
FMS runs in Window. This is where you can calibrate a gamepad to act more like your TX....by taking out
the gain , adjusting the exponents or sentivities...because Gampads are more sensitive than a TX.

Then calibrate in whatever software or sim you're using.

Kind of like programing your Computerized TX. Another way to make a model less sensitives for new comers
is to adjust the gain cruve in your TX. Make the sticks less sensitive at center...not just the expos (max throw).
In a computerized TX..you can also adjust the expo only on one side of the stick. Very useful when adjusting the throttle
but also useful when you get a model that rolls more on oneside than the other.
In a none computerize TX, when you adjust the expos..it's for both side of the sticks.
All you have to do is plug it in to a USB 2.0 port and windows will see it as an HID device. Configure it in FMS as a joystick. He has a 6 channel radio with dual rates. Why would he want to ladjust the gain when he has dual rates?
I use an older 6X with my sims and I've never calibrated it in windows. FMS, FS1, and RealFlight could care less what windows thinks it has. As a matter of fact, it doesn't even show up in the game controllers. I could configure it as a generic joystick or gamepad, but there's no need to because the 3 sims I have load their own set of drivers.
... Anyways, Paulaballa, did you get your TX to work with FMS ?
Old 02-16-2008, 11:50 AM
flyX

To make the sticks less sensitive...as I said. FMS runs in WINDOWS. WINDOW has to recognize the signal first.
Window won't see it unless you install a correct driver(software) of that device for the correct OS.

In FMS..that's all FMS is searching for as a (source)..which you calibrated in windows ...if it dosen't
exisist in WINDOWS..obvisouely it's not going to work.

This also applies when you get into the real world of r/c.
Dual rates is for EXPOSE (max throw), not the sensitivities of the sticks.
Obviousely newbies move the sticks around too much.

Turn on the low rates on a trainer at the wrong time....and the trainer is not going to roll right side up
fast enough.

If you're pluging in through the MICPHONE jack....makesure the jack is a MONO jack.
Makesure your TX is set on PPM

If the HELI is not moving...you need to couple the sticks (map) on the left hand side of the calibration menu.

assign the sticks accordingly

pitch=throttle
roll=aileron
nick=elevator
tail= rudder