Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Prince P-Tip Props

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 11:41 AM
martinarcher
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Prince P-Tip Props

I saw a guy running one of these on a DA-100 last year at a fly in. He said the tips funneled air over the tail surfaces for better 3D control. I did some reasearch and found out that is a pack of lies. Instead I found out the tips are supposed to minimize the amount of disturbed air from the previous prop blade, making the prop more efficient. I priced them and they sure aren't cheap, but do they work? Anyone running them?
Old 02-16-2008, 11:56 AM
flyinrazrback
My Feedback: (69)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Prince P-Tip Props

They work very well, but if you rip them enough the tips will start to delaminate and crack. They look cool and make lots of noise, but for a DA 100 its hard to beat a Vess 27A/B for 3D. The P-tips are good for 3D, but that's it, not good for large over the top imac type maneuvers.