Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

New UK memeber - A few questions:

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 03:03 PM
RazMaTaz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New UK memeber - A few questions:

Hi

I got a Tamiya(unaware of what model), and havnt payed much attention to it. Infact, i hardly used it, until today. My friends also had RC cars, and we are making a making this a weekly thing where we all link up to have a lil race(drift, straights etc).

I been trying to look for some bodyshells, but cant seem to find any(UK). Ive searched online and the only ones i keep getting are the HPI branded ones. My questions are:

- Do 190mm bodys fit on 200mm cars??
-Which UK(online website or store) do bodyshells that are not HPI, or could you name me some brands who make body shells in that size??
-Any UK sites that sell those exhausts for 200mm cars??
-My servo is broken, is it a necessity to get it replaced??
-Best cutting tools for arches and body? I have messed up 2 bodies so far
Thanks in advance
Old 02-15-2008, 04:33 PM
TIGER76

Default RE: New UK memeber - A few questions:

Hi m8 welcome to the forums

without knowing which car u got i will try and help out im guessing its either a TL or TT tamiya chassis due to the drift comment?

best place for good shells in UK is prob www.modelsport.co.uk i have bought several tam and HPIs from them good prices too also ebay is a good place to find shells too.
200mm on 190mm chassis will fit but you need offset wheels to bring the wheels out to the shell.

The servo broken..well if its the steering servo yeh you will need to replace goodnews is there not that dear to replace.
As for wheel arches get a set of curved scissors there great for cutting wheel arches also you can get something round and wrap sandpaper around it to smooth off the edges.

and Exhausts well i havent came across any but most drfiters make there own seen quite a few made from pens and sprayed up and fitted to shell (like mine on avy <<&lt

Hope that helps m8 goodluck with the weekly thing its better to race against friends and drifting is a ton better too against mates
Old 02-16-2008, 12:32 PM
RazMaTaz

ORIGINAL: TIGER76

Hi m8 welcome to the forums

without knowing which car u got i will try and help out im guessing its either a TL or TT tamiya chassis due to the drift comment?

best place for good shells in UK is prob www.modelsport.co.uk i have bought several tam and HPIs from them good prices too also ebay is a good place to find shells too.
200mm on 190mm chassis will fit but you need offset wheels to bring the wheels out to the shell.

The servo broken..well if its the steering servo yeh you will need to replace goodnews is there not that dear to replace.
As for wheel arches get a set of curved scissors there great for cutting wheel arches also you can get something round and wrap sandpaper around it to smooth off the edges.

and Exhausts well i havent came across any but most drfiters make there own seen quite a few made from pens and sprayed up and fitted to shell (like mine on avy <<&lt

Hope that helps m8 goodluck with the weekly thing its better to race against friends and drifting is a ton better too against mates
Thanks for that site Some nice models on there.

Im still unaware of what model it is, however, the steering seems to be working perfectly fine with no servo, however, it causes sparks time to time:

Heres an image of my model, you can see at the back that 3 wires are sticking out:

Is this a necessity??

Also, my front sponge broke from the front:

Any place that do replacements??

I aint got a drift model, however do have drift tires and its fairly easy to drift cuz my car aint super fast :P
Old 02-16-2008, 12:45 PM
TIGER76

Yeh m8 its a TT-01 chassis can tell by the bath tub chassis good drifters,seems you have an old MSC (mech speed control) on there as the new one have a ESC (electric speed controller)
looks like you use 2 servos one for steering (under ur reciever box) and one for the MSC u wont need another servo with a ESC (as it controls the speed and forward and reverse for you)fitted also the control is a lot better on a ESC.
You get ESCs like tamiya 101b for around £20 or cheapr on ebay etc.