Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

what size tank?

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

what size tank?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 07:25 AM
jacob711

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what size tank?

the CG on my weedy powered 48" woody mono is too far forward and i think if i move the fuel tank location back towards the transom and put a tuned pipe on it it might move the balance back to about 28%, i know this is a stupid question, im not sure if it will effect handling but would it be ok to put the tank beside the engine on the opposite side to the exhaust or would it put too much weight over that side and make it lean over that way, or would having a tuned pipe on the other side balance it out, and my current tank is too big so i need a new one so what run time would i get out of a 600cc/20oz tank
Old 02-21-2008, 08:48 AM
nieto1124
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: what size tank?

you could put it anywhere you want with the exception of the exhaust side. if you use an IV bag (4 to 5 bucks). even if you use a plastic tank you can mount it anwhere. I have seen many cracker boxes that run the tank right next to the motor (carb side) for wieght and better control in the corners. so you should be ok anywhere except on the exhaust side of the hull.

20 OZ . thats a little bigger than a Coke can. "pack a lunch" you should get 20 -30 minutes run time easy. probably more if its a stock weedy.