Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

want to finally try gas

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 06:43 PM
dan4466
My Feedback: (68)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default want to finally try gas

I would like to try a Fuji 24 on a 1/4 scale Cub. This would be my first gas engine and I must admit I'm a little intimadated. I want to keep it as simple as possible. My main question is if I should go with an EI or will a magneto be a good choice. Also, I see that the Great Planes Kill switch doesn't work with Fuji EI engines as per TH web site. I'm even unsure how to hook up the switch and the Fuji manual doesn't mention how to at all.

Thanks for any help,

Dan
Old 03-07-2008, 01:55 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: want to finally try gas

The EI unit will make the engine much easier to start with a flip. For a switch, you simply put a switch between the battery pack and the EI unit. If you have a manual switch, and a servo-operated one, you put them in series. Then, both have to be 'on' for the engine to run. Basically, you can use two radio-type switch harnesses in series and have two switches...then set up one to be servo-actuated.