Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

need a GASSER

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 05:16 PM
rdf430

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need a GASSER

I need to Get a gasser to fill a void in my life. Nothing fancy but i want to have a two stroke Cold smoke 95" or bigger plane. QUESTION# 1 Does there need to be a on board Ignition Battery (you can chuckle) If so, Why? lawn mowers and trimmers don't have a battery and they run with out, (2 or 4 srtoke) the plane I would like to get is a RC Guys 95" 150 Cessna Or the 98" Decathlon any in put to my final choice would be helpful, good or bad news
Old 03-09-2008, 05:27 PM
RC Extreme power
My Feedback: (24)

Default RE: need a GASSER

The reason A chain saw or mower does not need a battery is because they have a fly wheel with maginets and a magneto, A stock G62 does not need a battery, The engines that need a battery Have electronic ignitions and need a battery to operate.
Old 03-09-2008, 06:19 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A magneto version G-62 will fly either of your two aircraft choices very well. Pretty nice combinations actually.
Old 03-09-2008, 06:49 PM
Hill202
My Feedback: (24)

I've just started putting the RC Guys Decathlon together. I'm putting the Brillelli 46 in it with smoke. I'm waiting on the engine to come in now. I think its going to be a good combination.
Old 03-09-2008, 10:28 PM
David Jackson
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you are considering the Hangar 9 Cessna 182, the G62 will be too large and heavy. I believe the Zenoah G23/G26 is suggested, if a gas engine is chosen. It provides plenty of power for this plane. I am using the Saito 180 on my 182.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:50 PM
rdf430

thank you for your input I don't have my heart stuck on any plane realy but My first few hours of flying full size was in a 150 straight tail cessna so there is a soft spot for the RC Guys 95" 150, and the Price is nice two, is a gas engine nicer to operate VS a nitro big or small I just like the Idea of walking up turn on RX power and Ignition and fliping the prop to get that sweet smell of burnt 2 stroke oil and maybe some avgas to get the flavor right( I ust to run that in my bike). any way can some one direct me to Gassers for dumb dumbs forum where i can do more reading than asking questions that have possibly been answered elseware thank ya people