skiman762

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A new 26cc to add to the mix

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=6462
Old 02-26-2008, 09:52 AM
tomyrcmodels

Default RE: A new 26cc to add to the mix

beautiful CNC crankcase ! same cylinder and other parts that GRPRO 26 or RCGF 26 use . dont know what size of carb this engine have . with RCEXL CDI make this engine better I think.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60415.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	889077  
Old 02-26-2008, 11:25 AM
Flyfast1
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, $175 including the EI and muffler, that is pretty inexpensive! I wonder how well they run?

-Ed B.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:08 PM
pe reivers

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tommy,
This engine is very low on power. I hope you can make a better one.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:38 PM
rmh

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: pe reivers

Tommy,
This engine is very low on power. I hope you can make a better one.
What did you expect?

Tho it may upset a few - I don't see anything in the majority of these type offerings , other than a small industrial engine - with some "pretty up and an electronic ignition
they are all piston port and tho they all will run fine - but the performance aspects of those designs --is pretty well resolved.
One big plus they do have
they are inepensive and THAT, appears to be what is now wanted for many newcomers to the world of ARFmodels -
Some of these newcomers see no practical difference, for them--- in a MVVS 26 and one of these .
The world is a changin----------

Old 02-26-2008, 01:55 PM
Tired Old Man

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Long time ago it was performance at any cost. Remember what us "old timers" would do to extract just a little more oomph from a race engine? Now it's price first even if performance is substantially sacrificed.

When the engines are too weak to performance fly the size plane they are expected to then the customers jump on the plane manufacturers to make a lighter arf so the weaker engine can handle it. Vicious circle....
Old 02-26-2008, 02:04 PM
rmh

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Pat Roy

Long time ago it was performance at any cost. Remember what us "old timers" would do to extract just a little more oomph from a race engine? Now it's price first even if performance is substantially sacrificed.

When the engines are too weak to performance fly the size plane they are expected to then the customers jump on the plane manufacturers to make a lighter arf so the weaker engine can handle it. Vicious circle....
The new batteries/ motors and electronics which are rapidly evolving - will soon make all of this rather a small segment of the "pop" market -
A side effect tho -will be no noise -- for the hard rock fans.. Plenty of sparks tho - for the ham fisted --
Old 02-26-2008, 02:53 PM
Whistling Death

ORIGINAL: dick Hanson

The new batteries/ motors and electronics which are rapidly evolving - will soon make all of this rather a small segment of the "pop" market -
A side effect tho -will be no noise -- for the hard rock fans.. Plenty of sparks tho - for the ham fisted --
Just means the R/C sound system business will be booming.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:51 PM
Tired Old Man

Just imagine, all the giant aerobats joining the League of Silent Flight It won't be the same. Can you imagine a 160" span, 4 "engine" B-17 flying by without recip engine sounds? I don't care to. Then again, they hung motors on "gliders" a long time ago.
Old 02-26-2008, 04:01 PM
pe reivers

At least no more frozen rings in there Pat [&:]
Old 02-26-2008, 04:08 PM
BillHarris

Didn't someone do a side-by-side comparison between a Chinese clone and the original engine and find the machining and casting of the clone to be lacking?

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6937287/tm.htm

--Bill
Old 02-26-2008, 04:08 PM
RC Extreme power
My Feedback: (24)

And they make a real pretty fire when over loaded or shorted out, Ask me how I know
Old 02-26-2008, 06:26 PM
Tired Old Man

As for the comparison, they did indeed.

To Tomy Chen's credit he has undertaken the effort and expense to re-work a lot of his stuff and just might have some nice products hitting the market pretty soon with a couple of U.S. distributors. To my understanding that's all in the final stages now.

You have no idea what it took for me to say that...
Old 02-26-2008, 08:03 PM
tomyrcmodels

hi everyone. just see the first post last night and no picture showing on the post , so I did little help to post the pphoto , this is not my products , no MT engine just like share some info to people who like to know more about this newcome

Thanks guy

Tomy

from TOMYRCMODELS
Old 02-27-2008, 04:19 PM
pe reivers

You're welcome Tomy
One tip,
I have used this cylinder with reeds, and modified the engine to piston induction. Bad luck in both configurations. It will need some serious design work to get this 25/26 cc cylinder running well. I had no time yet to study the porting, but I do not think it has much promise.

PS,
sent you a PM
Old 02-27-2008, 04:35 PM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

ORIGINAL: Pat Roy

As for the comparison, they did indeed.

To Tomy Chen's credit he has undertaken the effort and expense to re-work a lot of his stuff and just might have some nice products hitting the market pretty soon with a couple of U.S. distributors. To my understanding that's all in the final stages now.

You have no idea what it took for me to say that...

---------------

The US distributor paradym is dead. Why do you think Tower Hobbies is behaving so weird lately? The owners saw the handwriting on the wall and dumped it on the employees. Now the employees that own Tower have done the math and have a terrible belly ache. Notice the wild fluctuations in OS engine prices, for example. All is not well.

I feel for those individuals that are investing their life savings in allegedly exclusive distributorships when I know darn well that the Chinese are going to undercut them with direct sales via the internet at much lower prices. Why do you think that very few folks have invested in the Chinese motorcycle business? They can already see other US dealers who invested heavily in their inventory and who are now seeing the same products that they sell being sold cheaply on the internet. Yeah, the products may have a different label expounding a different brand name, but the consumer knows whassup.

The Chinese are new at this stuff, so it will take a while for them to get their quality control acts together. Once that is accomplished, everyone will be singing praise of Chinese products and I suppose that we will have a generation of kids that are convinced that Chinese products are the "in thing", just as the kids did in the Seventies and Eighties did over Japanese products not so long ago.

Concerning some of the new cheap Chinese engines. I have two of them. No, they are not the most powerful. Who cares? They are powerful enough, run well and they fly my planes without a hassle and if I bend one in a crash, I can fix it myself or chuck it in the trash can after stripping any good remaining parts. New paradym.

Ed Cregger
Old 03-11-2008, 12:50 PM
edge541

Hello Iwas wondering about SV26cc gas engines.Any info on these .