Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

G3.5 problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 02:57 PM
atv_motocross#38

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G3.5 problem

I have had my realflight g3.5 since christmas and it has worked good until today. I start it by plugging in the radio and clicking the icon on my desktop and click run realflight as i always do. It loads for a second and then a small error page comes up and says "invalid call", then i click "ok" and a second small window comes up and says "generic application error. Enable output for detailed infomation. This application will now exit."

Any ideas of what is wrong?

thanks in advance
Old 02-17-2008, 08:36 AM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: G3.5 problem

I'm guessing the installed software files have been corrupted. Hard drives don't live forever.

Sometimes cleaning up and then defragging will shift files around and fix minor data retrieval problems. Most times not. But worth a try.

Then try uninstalling and reinstalling. What you're seeing sounds like hardware problems.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:52 AM
Villa

I had a minor problem and corrected it as follows: On the frist page that comes up click on ADDITIONAL OPTIONS, then on RESTORE DEFAULTS. If that does not work, remove and reinstall the program. Let me know the results.
Old 02-17-2008, 11:14 AM
atv_motocross#38

ORIGINAL: Villa

I had a minor problem and corrected it as follows: On the frist page that comes up click on ADDITIONAL OPTIONS, then on RESTORE DEFAULTS. If that does not work, remove and reinstall the program. Let me know the results.
So if i do either of those things, will i loose all of the planes that i made?
Old 02-21-2008, 03:08 AM
Bugzilla

Are you talking about varients of stock aircraft? That I think you will. I believe those are saved within the program itself, and will dissappear if you uninstall/reinstall. I think the restore defaults option just resets all of the things under settings to factory, so you probably won't lose your planes doing that. Don't quote me on this though, cause I am not 100% sure. The only thing I am pretty sure of is you won't lose any aircraft you downloaded from somewhere else as they are stored in a folder elsewhere in your computer.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:40 PM
atv_motocross#38

I just restored defaults and then uninstlled it but it still pops up with the same thing as before[:@]
Old 02-22-2008, 11:31 AM
Bugzilla

I'm gonna ask around and see if I can find the solution.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:19 PM
atv_motocross#38

Well, i am getting quite annoyed now.[:@] I was reading my manual and it says that you can update something on it if you are having problems. So i go the realflight main page (not a site, the one that says "run realflight") and i clicked updates. It updated for a minute and a error page poped up and said "KEError 12222: Could not send data. Discription: A request to send or receive was dis allowed because the socket is not connected and (when sending on a datagram socket using a sendto call) no address was supplied" Do you think this is related to the other errors or is it a new problem. Now when ever i click the realflight icon on my computer that same error comes up. I am very annoyed and confused now.

Thank you all for our help so far...
Old 02-24-2008, 01:28 PM
Bugzilla

O.K. man, go to [link=http://www.knifeedge.com]This Link [/link], register, and put your question to the support forum under G3.5 and see what they say.
Old 03-14-2008, 06:29 PM
navy47
My Feedback: (59)

Hi, Im new to this so please bear with me, Is there a to change the F-22 to a prop eng on the G-3 sim?
Thanks
Old 03-14-2008, 06:32 PM
atv_motocross#38

ORIGINAL: navy47

Hi, Im new to this so please bear with me, Is there a to change the F-22 to a prop eng on the G-3 sim?
Thanks
Try making your own thread...and yes there is a way