Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

how often?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 01:43 AM
supamagician

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how often?

how often do you have to run to your lhs to buy nitro for your nitro rc?

i need some replies because this will make or break my desicion to get a nitro rc
Old 03-20-2008, 02:20 AM
qaiz

Default RE: how often?

Just buy a case.

For some people it can last a month, for some ( Like me ) a gallon lasts a day.

Its easiest just to buy an entire case, that way you are set, even if the LHS is out of stock for that particular percentage.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:12 AM
cbr04

i run my buggy for a few hours every weekend (weather permitting). so far my gallon of nitro has lasted me close to 2 month.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:35 AM
JMcDonald

Same. Between my GF and I, a gallon lasts about a month. It varies, though, as I bought my first gallon (in a long time) back in mid January, and just ran out yesterday. That included breaking in two 1/8 buggy engines, too.

For your average person a gallon a month is pretty normal. Also it depends on what you drive. A .12-powered stadium truck is going to go about twice as long per gallon as a .28-powered MT.

Just figure up about how long a tank lasts and how many tanks are in a gallon. For me, a gallon has about 30 tanks worth of fuel, and each tank lasts about 12-15 minutes of bashing, which is about 6-7+ hours total. Combined, my GF and I drive about a 1.5-2 hours a week, so we go about 3-4 weeks per gallon together.

For stadium trucks, there is about 50 tanks per gallon, so you get almost twice the driving time given they go about the same time per tank. For larger vehicles there will only be about 25 tanks, so you will get a little less.

But, just one of the requirements of owning a nitro. Its like having to put Super unleaded gas in your sports car, hah.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:19 PM
125cchyperman

As Said, I have a ST and a gallon will last me for forever and a half, even with a .18cvr in it. Now sometimes I have a smaller engine in it and everyonce in a while I will slap my .12 on there. A gallon for me will last very long, I'd say about 2 1/2 months of driving, the fuel last's a lot longer then what somepeople like to say.

BUt also as said, it depends what size engine you have, the climate and the size of the rc. Larger rc's with larger engine's will sip fuel fatser then smaller rc's will
Old 03-20-2008, 01:07 PM
drevil
My Feedback: (5)

Yea Nitro fuel can last a good amount of time. I suggest not buying more than a gallon at first and see how long it lasts you. Be sure to get many extra glow plugs if you can't go back to the hobby shop every so often.