Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

E-tech 1200 battery mounting for Hummingbird

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

E-tech 1200 battery mounting for Hummingbird

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2003, 09:49 PM
rotortiller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-tech 1200 battery mounting for Hummingbird

What have you guys been doing in order to mount the E-tech 1200 2 cell Li-Poly batteries to a Hummingbird?

I need to mount it up front in order to get the weight right but then I am not abel to be the canopy on.

How do you mount it?
Where?
And with what?
Currently I am just using rubber bands around tha battery and
sticking it between the rails but it is int eh way of the canopy.
Old 04-27-2003, 10:36 PM
kenru

Here is how I mounted mine. Canopy fits fine too!

Old 05-01-2003, 09:43 PM
Dodgey99

Mate, what motor and ESC, tail motor and ESC do you have there. I have ordered a 2 1200 Etech Lipol pack but my motor has packed up. Time to go brushless. Seeing as you have the same pack I would love to know your motor/s esc/s setup.

Roger
Old 05-02-2003, 04:48 AM
kenru

I am using a Graupner Speed 300 spinning a 9-tooth plastic Piccolo pinion gear (nice and quiet). The esc is a GWS ICS-100E for the main rotor and an ICS-50E for the tail. Tail motor is stock.

I have been flying it with a Futaba 7UAPS set to mix the main and rotor with a GWS PC-03 gyro. I have also tried a CSM HLG200 gyro (with no programmed mixing) but I find the PC-03 gyro and programmed mixing a little friendlier for me to fly (probably just a matter of my level of experience (lack of)).

Good luck on yours!
Old 05-02-2003, 05:00 AM
sultan68

Default Charge times

And how long does your Etech 1200 take to charge? Mine takes over an hour, sometimes 1.5 hrs! I charge it on a Hobbico Quick Field Charger MkII at 1C.

What charger are you using and what amperage do you charge the pack at?
Old 05-02-2003, 09:10 AM
Dodgey99

Wonderful, Thanks Kenyu.

Can anyone (or you :-) ) point me to a good web site for ordering these bits, or similar. Can't fin anything in the UK Ta!
Old 05-02-2003, 02:19 PM
kenru

Default Re: Charge times

Originally posted by sultan68
And how long does your Etech 1200 take to charge? Mine takes over an hour, sometimes 1.5 hrs! I charge it on a Hobbico Quick Field Charger MkII at 1C.

What charger are you using and what amperage do you charge the pack at?
I am using a Wes Tech Charger set to the max (1000ma). It should take a little over an hour to charge them up. I can't say that I have actually timed it. I have 3 packs so it's a simple matter of strapping another pack in and throwing the spent pack on the charger if I feel like flying more (or haven't broken something!).

Dodgey99,
Off hand, I can't point you to a shop that will have all of the goodies you're looking for. I have run across quite a number of shops in the UK while I was searching the web for info/products. I'm sure they're around...
Old 05-04-2003, 07:55 PM
asparagus

I have just ordered my humming bird and reading these comments really has me wondering about this e-tech 1200. What upgrades are necessary to run this batt and where did u order yours?

Thanks,
Shane
Old 05-04-2003, 10:16 PM
kenru

I bought mine from http://www.helihobby.com/. No other changes were necessary to use the e-tech pack. I'm getting an easy 20 minutes flying time with that pack and lots more power to get the bird out of ground effect. While you are on the helihobby web site, also take a look at http://www.helihobby.com/html/hummin...washplate.html. It is a great mod.

Good luck,
Ken
Old 05-06-2003, 07:52 PM
asparagus

Thanks Ken,

I just looked at that mod and the battery and I am definately going to use that modification but i'll have to wait a short while before I can justify to my wife spending any more on the hummingbird!! Even though it isnt that pricey. I really appreciate your reply.

Thanks again,
Shane