Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

what are lead acid/gel type batteries like?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

what are lead acid/gel type batteries like?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2003, 04:25 AM
RichmondM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what are lead acid/gel type batteries like?

What are lead acid/gel cel batteries like for connecting your charger to?Do you recommended them compared to normal car batteries?Does it take long to charge them?Are they safer?Can you describe them?Simple question but need answers as I am on the verge of purchasing one of these types-want to make a good decision for the money I am investing!Thanks.....RM!
Old 04-29-2003, 02:15 AM
hpiguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what are lead acid/gel type batteries like?

They work good for small eletrical devices.

They are used to run the radio battery chargers, glow ignitors, starter boxes and starter motors for R/C use. They are sometimes used to run slow scale motors in large R/C boats.

I would not recommend them for R/C car battery pack chargers as they do not hold a charge long.

They are miniature versions of regular car batteries with a much smaller capacity. Usually 7 amp hours or less, which will let you charge your R/C battery or MAYBE twice before itself needs to be recharged.

They are fragile if dropped or kicked around. They also cannot be fast charged.

Stick with the car battery (deep cycle boat batteries are much better and made to be discharged) or get a nice power supply.