Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

new toy

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 12:27 AM
dark321devil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new toy

Just got an RS4 18 ss+ kit (to add to the collection)and started putting it together. My question is, i heard that on a new engine its best to putt like 2 drops of after run oil before you pull the pull start for the first time so basically putting it in and then starting the engine. So is it good to put after run oil then start or can i just gas it up and then just start it.
Old 03-21-2008, 01:32 AM
Clear2Close

Default RE: new toy

i have heard of that before but i have never done it...all my nitro motos never had a problem on the initial startup, and still run great, including my novarossi .21 i got not too long ago...IMO nitro it up and just turn it over
Old 03-21-2008, 11:46 AM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not sure but it couldn't hurt to try the afterrun oil first.
Old 03-21-2008, 01:18 PM
misasi

it would be to reduce the initial startup friction. i recently have bought a OS engine and it was already lubed up and ready to go. have a look inside the motor if it does not look like it has oil on the internals then put a drop of oil in.
Old 03-21-2008, 01:35 PM
HpiDrifter420

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if your that paranoid just put a drop of nitro in the carb hole and glow plug hole. but i just fill them up with nitro then start them and i havent had any problems with mine.
Old 03-26-2008, 02:15 PM
dark321devil

Just got a call from my mom (i have all my deliveries sent to her job) that my parts from tower have arrived. Really excited. and hopefully going to start breaking it in this weekend. Maybe even tomorrow. i am really impressed with tower. i chose the standard shipping which usually takes a week and they sent it out monday at 5:00pm and my mom recieved it today at 11:00 am. I think that was my record for standard delivery.