Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Oil/Spring Tech (Your Setups For Basing)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Oil/Spring Tech (Your Setups For Basing)

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 12:58 PM
shredder111

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil/Spring Tech (Your Setups For Basing)

Hey guys,

I am rebuilding my shocks on my Evader and am wondering how to set up my suspension for high ramp jumps, and slightly bumpy terrain, no racing. I am thinking of using firm springs with 30 weight oil. What are your setups for bashing? Please share...[8D]

Shredder111[>:]
Old 03-25-2008, 04:11 PM
shredder111

Default RE: Oil/Spring Tech (Your Setups For Basing)

Anyone?[]?
Old 03-25-2008, 05:15 PM
Access

As a starting point I will always use 22.5 oil in the front, 25 in the rear and for 2WD, about -2 or -3 degrees camber in the front (doesn't hurt for 2WD), 0 degrees camber in the back, or close to it, 1-2 degrees toe-in on the front and 0 degrees toe in the rear, 2 degrees anti-squat, sometimes I make the front shocks a little more horizontal if I am still not getting enough steering, as for tightness maybe 2 steps above stock in the front and 1 step above stock on the rear, etc.

http://users.pandora.be/elvo/15/1.html
You can't really think of just one setup alone, you need to think of the truck as a whole. You drive it a bit, try to find faults with how it handles, and then try to correct those faults, its an iterative process.
Old 03-25-2008, 05:19 PM
shredder111

I know, I'm just wondering about generally solid setups for bashing. Thanks though...
Old 03-26-2008, 03:59 PM
My Name Is Brad

stiff springs/oil for big jumps. Common sense really.[8D]
Old 03-27-2008, 01:36 AM
FISH KILLA

ORIGINAL: Access

As a starting point I will always use 22.5 oil in the front, 25 in the rear and for 2WD, about -2 or -3 degrees camber in the front (doesn't hurt for 2WD), 0 degrees camber in the back, or close to it, 1-2 degrees toe-in on the front and 0 degrees toe in the rear, 2 degrees anti-squat, sometimes I make the front shocks a little more horizontal if I am still not getting enough steering, as for tightness maybe 2 steps above stock in the front and 1 step above stock on the rear, etc.

http://users.pandora.be/elvo/15/1.html
You can't really think of just one setup alone, you need to think of the truck as a whole. You drive it a bit, try to find faults with how it handles, and then try to correct those faults, its an iterative process.
I concur this setup with no hesitation for the sole argument that it's presentation and fowrthrightedness is so impressive that too my own standards the odds of a question asked as such the question that was asked in this thread are not extremely high thus the reply given and it's own specifically detailed statements encourages me to see the action for what it is and what it is is,...indescribable.

Uh what that Brad guy said is pretty much it.