Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Help! i broke somthing i think?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2003, 03:53 PM
nitro_rs4'd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! i broke somthing i think?

Sorry im a newbie well i was blasting around in my nitro rs4 and blew a doughnut then juiced and it bonk.. it stoped and the engine rev'd out. The gear on the flywheel wont engauge with the driveshaft one. The one that the driveshaft goes through is stripped. were can i get a metal one.. looking for one that will take a beating.. please help me out thanx
Old 04-28-2003, 06:19 PM
nmtr13
My Feedback: (6)

No company sells metal gears for rs4, but I think someone on here sells them I forget who. Do a search and mabey you find him. I think its 30 bux.
Old 04-28-2003, 06:36 PM
aznx2fine

DO NOT USE THE METAL GEAR, because instead of stripping your gear when you have a problem, you'll just stall the engine and damage it, but the reason your gear might be stripping is either the gears aren't close enough or the bearing in the clutchbell has siezed up and melted, happened to me b4.
Old 04-28-2003, 06:42 PM
nitro_rs4'd

yea i think thats the problem.. so what do i need a new clutch?? Also what kind of gear should i replace the stripped one with?. Is it worth putting the 2 speed tranny in it also? But the gears are deffently not meshing and just grinding soon as i gas it. Would a different flywheel help out also?? Or are they all basicly the same?
Old 04-28-2003, 06:55 PM
nitro_rs4'd

is this what i need

#1595 for RS4 Nitro $52.00
Hardened steel outdrives, ground and polished thrust washers, 2 5x8mm ball bearings and a hard anodized aluminum pulley.

?
Old 04-28-2003, 08:31 PM
nmtr13

O mybad I was talking about rs4 3.
Old 04-28-2003, 08:35 PM
nmtr13

I dont think thats the rite part, i dont have an rs4 but i think thats for the front or back of the car.. am i rite? thats what u stick your cvd's or dog bones into rite??
Old 04-28-2003, 10:51 PM
aznx2fine

the part that you have a link to isn't even for your car, lol, it's for the hpi sprint, and thats the differential, what you will need is the little bearing that slips right in the hole of your cluthchbell, changing the flywheel might increase acceleration, but has nothing to do with your gearing, and a two speed will be for AFTER you've figured out how your car works, hahaha. if you have any more questions, just ask or PM me
Old 04-28-2003, 10:51 PM
aznx2fine

is your rs4 the first one, second one, or third one?
Old 04-29-2003, 11:37 AM
nitro_rs4'd

its a RTR-3 anyway you can help me out with getting parts for it.. i went to tower hobbies but its such a big site lol. Im deffently gonna need a new gear since the one is stripped (stupid me kept gasin it and grindin it away). Also what is a good flywheel are they all basicly the same?
Old 04-29-2003, 07:46 PM
aznx2fine

flywheel
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXM759&P=7
when installing this you might have to remove the washer out between the stock flywheel and the engine

stock spur gear
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBSZ5&P=7

if you want more speed then there ARE less teeth spur gears to increase speed, just go to towerhobbies and type in hpi spur gears

if speed is what you want then, get a less teeth spur gear and more teeth pinion gear, if acceleration is what you want, then more teeth on the spur, and less on the pinion, otherwise the stock 18 tooth pinion, and 47 tooh spur is good nuff.