Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

chainsaw engine for boat

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

chainsaw engine for boat

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 10:43 PM
itswatido

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default chainsaw engine for boat

Hey im making my own boat and i was wanting to use a Poulan chainsaw engine that i got ahold of cheap. I was just wondering how to connect a driveshaft to the clutch, or do I have to ditch the clutch. Any help and advice would be appreciated!
Old 03-31-2008, 08:19 AM
OLD_SLOW and in the WAY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: chainsaw engine for boat

for proper rotation you will have to run the collet on the pull start/magneto side they are kinda a pain in the bu** for boat applications but easy for aircraft conversions
Old 03-31-2008, 08:51 AM
Tidnab
My Feedback: (51)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: chainsaw engine for boat

Since the chainsaw engine rotates clockwise you can rig something like this to get your rotation counter clockwise.Of course in the pic they're using a solid shaft so you would have to shorten your shaft and put a collet on the end to use a flex cable.You can get the pullies,belt,and pillow blocks that will be used to support the shaft and whatever length shaft you need from http://www.sdp-si.com and http://www.modelpowerboat.com/Water_...dwacker_Engine Third pic from bottom on page. Would be easier to use a Zen or Sikk,but probably not as much fun as converting a thing that used to cut trees down to a thing that powers a boat.