Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

RC10GT or XXX-NT

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2003, 01:57 PM
weigner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC10GT or XXX-NT

I have decided to purchase a nitro truck. I have narrowed my choices to the RC10GT and XXX-NT. I want the best but I'm not sure where to go from here? I also want a pull-start engine, does anyone know if the XXX-NT is compatable with a pull-start engine? Please advise.
Old 04-29-2003, 02:11 PM
ae4xo

Default RC10GT or XXX-NT

I also had that delima. The trucks are basically the same. The biggiest deal for me was to be able to find parts. There are no places here in middle GA that have XXX-NT parts. So I had to go with the rc10gt. Do you want to race it? If so, then the xxx-nt may be better suited for that. Do you want it RTR? Then the RC10GT RTR Plus already good to go.

Basically, it was not a hard decision. I have heard that the xxx-nt has a better radio and is better to control, but I have found that the speed of a nitro car makes it difficult to control anyways until you get used to it. i have heard that the rc10gt is tougher. I have had mine since christmas and I really like it.

Hope that helps.
Old 04-29-2003, 02:14 PM
kystewarts

Default RC10GT or XXX-NT

If you get the xxxnt sport rtr, it has a pull start engine installed. The radio is nicer with the xxxnt and is two model capable.
Old 04-29-2003, 03:40 PM
weigner

Default RC10GT or XXX-NT

I definately want a kit. Does the XXX-NT (or Adam Drake edition) accept a pull-start engine? Also, does anyone know what the weights are on these two trucks (RC10GT or XXXNT)?
Old 04-29-2003, 03:42 PM
1stPlaceRace

Default RC10GT or XXX-NT

If you like to wrench on your cars alot and dont mind more complicated disassembly get the losi. There is nothing wrong with its durability, but problems with steering servos and basic cleaning require much more disassembly than the gt. The gt is much easier to work on and requires a little more fine tuning to get hooked up well. But once you get it dialed it is just as fast on the track as the losi. I personally race losi xxxnt and xxxt.
Old 04-29-2003, 03:46 PM
1stPlaceRace

Default RC10GT or XXX-NT

yes they accept a pull start, but you might have to add 2 or 3 washers under the engine mounts. The losi is a few OZ heavier than the gt
Old 04-29-2003, 04:00 PM
solo racer

Default RC10GT or XXX-NT

From what I've heard the Losi is more fragile but also has a more advanced suspension setup. Unfortunately, there also isn't as much aftermarket support for the XXXNT as there is the RC10GT. The RC10GT is more durable, and probably better for the not so hard core racer and backyard basher. I personally own two XXXNT's and find them to be plenty durable and really not that difficult to work on. As far as RTR, the Losi is better in my opinion when out of th box stock because it has better quality components. The Losi will also be cheaper to take to the limit of modifications.
Old 04-29-2003, 06:22 PM
kevetz99
My Feedback: (3)

Default RC10GT or XXX-NT

Yea, go with the losi. If you get the Sport RTR, there are a whole bunch of hop up's. All the drake editions parts fit it, so you could up grade it to those parts if you do not choose to just get the drake. I think it is even more durable than the RC10GT from what i have seen at my local track too.

-Kevin
Old 04-29-2003, 07:08 PM
grampi

Default RC10GT or XXX-NT

If you want a kit, the only choice is the Team Factory RC 10. It comes with all the hop up goodies already. For an RTR, the trucks themselves are about dead equal, but the Losi comes with a better radio system.
Old 04-29-2003, 08:16 PM
weigner

Default RC10GT or XXX-NT

What is a good store to purchase either an RC10GT Team Kit or an XXX-NT Adam Drake Edition? Also, a lot of people seem to be in favor of the GT for the kit and NT for the RTR? I see a lot of race results that seem to indicate that the XXX-NT is the prefered choice, is this true?
Old 04-29-2003, 09:14 PM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

Default RC10GT or XXX-NT

Originally posted by grampi
If you want a kit, the only choice is the Team Factory RC 10. It comes with all the hop up goodies already. For an RTR, the trucks themselves are about dead equal, but the Losi comes with a better radio system.
well he could go with the MUGEN MST1, but i think its otuta his price range for a new nitro truck. but he does want the best, and they are tearing up all the a-mains at local tracks.
Old 04-29-2003, 09:26 PM
gubbs3
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RC10GT or XXX-NT

I don't know why aftermarket support is even a consideration for these trucks. The only thing you need to add is Titanium turnbuckles, after that you're just adding cost. You don't need graphite, aluminum, or other costly parts that don't make it go faster. I highly prefer the XXX-NT to the GT. I have owned the Losi and raced the GT on several occasions and was faster every time with the Losi.

If I had to choose again which to buy the deciding factor would be the shocks. You can't beat Losi shocks for the ease of working on them. To change pistons you don't need to unscrew the eyelet, the seals are right in the cartridge instead of reaching them down into the bottom of the shock. There's no bladder to mess with and bleeding them is an in and out process.
Old 04-29-2003, 10:53 PM
weigner

Default RC10GT or XXX-NT

I want to use a .15 pull-start engine with the truck I finnally choose; what are my options with both the GT and NT? Thanks!
Old 04-29-2003, 11:19 PM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

Default RC10GT or XXX-NT

just about everything that is .12 - .18 (all smallblocks) to be general