Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Info on buggy blast or other specific cleaners? Need to shine up maxx to sell

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Info on buggy blast or other specific cleaners? Need to shine up maxx to sell

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2003, 03:51 PM
1stPlaceRace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Info on buggy blast or other specific cleaners? Need to shine up maxx to sell

I am cleaning up a xxxnt and T maxx to sell. The nt is no problem but the maxx is a pain to clean. Has anybody used buggy blast or any other product purpose made for cleaning nitro vehicles? I was just wondering if its worth 6 bucks or so. Thanks for your input. Stan www.1stplacerace.com
Old 04-29-2003, 11:47 PM
jbjustin33415

Default Info on buggy blast or other specific cleaners? Need to shine up maxx to sell

Just use Denatured Alcohol(roughly 11 bucks with tax at Home Depot) in a spray bottle, tooth brush, and an air compressor. Those 3 things will work wonders on a dirty car/truck/buggy.
Old 04-30-2003, 01:14 AM
1stPlaceRace

Yea, I have lots of denatured alchohol due to my painting business and thats how I normally clean it but I was just wondering how well some of the other stuff works. Denatured alchohol is VERY TOXIC and causes cracks in your skin. Stan www.1stplacerace.com
Old 04-30-2003, 01:41 AM
jbjustin33415

Well I have used the HPI Nitro Cleaner, its 7 bucks at my LHS, and it works pretty good. I am cheap so I just buy a gallon of denatured alcohol for 11 bucks and it works just as good with some compressed air.
Old 04-30-2003, 05:52 AM
1stPlaceRace

You ever go back over your posts and realize you could not win a 2nd grade spelling bee??..... I guess I should be glad I paint better than I type.... Stan www.1stplacerace.com
Old 04-30-2003, 08:34 AM
WhiskyVR-4

Originally posted by 1stPlaceRace
Yea, I have lots of denatured alchohol due to my painting business and thats how I normally clean it but I was just wondering how well some of the other stuff works. Denatured alchohol is VERY TOXIC and causes cracks in your skin. Stan www.1stplacerace.com
I can assure you that ounce-for-ounce the petrolium distillates in the nitro spray degreasers will do much more harm than the methyl in your denatured. Nitro spray is MUCH nastier stuff than denatured, and its more expensive.