Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

real quick fuel question

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2003, 03:13 AM
packfan88
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default real quick fuel question

since most sgree that airplane fuel is perfectly fine for land, and some say better, what is the %'s that a land engine should have?

ofsourse non-serious racing

% nitro?(est)
% castor (est)

no long discussion and only from someone using airplane fuel.
Old 04-30-2003, 04:18 AM
buyrbware
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pack

I use nothing but aircraft fuel, Grampi and everyone else gave me the name "fuel guy". So if the folks at RCU don't mind I will leave my 2 cents.

Most engine manufactures recommend 18% oil, This is a mix of usally 7% castor and the rest synthetic. The nitro content is up to you and your wallet. Its a proven fact that the higher the nitro the faster the engine turns (more Rpm's). The more nitro the more expensive the fuel.

Airplane fuel on the average is 16% to 18% oil, Morgans, Wildcat, Sig......ETC.

So pick your nitro, I personally run 12.5% jet fuel...screams ask moonunit 451, I recently sent him some. However my standby fuel is morgan's OMEGA 10% this is 16.5% oil. Runs great!

I hope this answers your question, and if no one else responds to this post then Celly 013 all Remaining cats will be saved!

Thanks Tom