Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Tips & Techniques
Reload this Page >

GB eagle 2 bolt on wing

Community
Search
Notices
Tips & Techniques Want to share a tip or special technique you have either in the workshop or at the flying field or race track? Post it right here!

GB eagle 2 bolt on wing

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2003, 06:04 AM
lowflyer7700

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GB eagle 2 bolt on wing

I noticed the instructions call for a wooden dowel to be placed in the upper, front fuselage at an angle that would protrude into the bottom, front portion of the wing. It also calls for two 1/4x20 nylon bolts to hold down the rear.
I was just wondering if anyone has done this and the outcome. Did it work well? I thought about just using four nylon bolts all the way around.
Old 05-03-2003, 12:33 PM
FalconWings10
My Feedback: (4)

The method recommended in the instructions works beautifully! Just keep it light! I've done two like this and it makes for a very strong setup. Just make sure to have a "hard" balsa fill block in the trailing edge area where the 1/4 20 goes through. I also "beefed up" the wing screw down plate.
Old 05-03-2003, 06:37 PM
tks1
My Feedback: (1)

I did a tail dragger with the bolt on wing and it works great. I regret selling it now and would like to find another eagle kit. It almost has a "porter" type look to it (tail dragger).