Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

MGT 8.0 issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 09:23 PM
texan67

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MGT 8.0 issue

i have a new MGT 8.0,but i was told by a friend that i am looking at running alot of fuel with lots of stops for refills.he is thinking of trying to install a 2nd fuel tank on his.what i am wondering is,is this possible.do i need another tank the same size as what i got already?should i go smaller?and what is involved in doing something like this?can someone help?
Old 03-22-2008, 06:00 AM
RCCanuck

Default RE: MGT 8.0 issue

honestly you do not need a 2nd tank.....it is a good idea to bring it in and look it over every 10-15 minutes of run time anyway...So having to add fuel is a good excuse to look at the truck to see if : the screws are all tight, nothing has fallen off like your air filter
Old 04-23-2008, 07:06 PM
justbash

Some have added a second fuel tank can't see the point just bring the truck back to you add more fuel with engine running with the easy clip on the back of the MGT its no problem as the whole body swings up.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:40 PM
hilifemt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can see why some people would want 2 fuel tanks. The 8.0 is a fuel hog. A tank ran hard last 7-8 minutes. A tank running the older 4.6 engine hard last 14-15 minutes. Same 150ml tank. Many people have done this for longer run times between re-fueling. Here is a pic of the mod.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf97495.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	287.0 KB
ID:	935609  
Old 04-25-2008, 05:59 AM
justbash

The 8.0 run hard is more like 10min and with byron 25% gen2 you get another couple mins as you can lean it right out also IMO the second take could unbalance the truck, the fuel tank is located to one side to counter balance the wait of the engine the second tank would put to much wait on the side the engine sits.