Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Has anyone ever heard of this?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 09:01 AM
Pete737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone ever heard of this?

I sitting here looking at my 3 day old G-260ei, Re packaged ready to be shipped tommorrow and I'm wondering if anyone has heard of any issues with the insulator assembly? My LHS said someone els had a problem which may have caused an air leak. WHy did this engine include 2 insulators? The one I used is not the one shown in the manual, But linkages would be a pain if I were to use that one? One thought....Can this engine run in any orientation? I have it inverted. Is it indicative of a correctly functioning carb/pump if the engine runs well up to about 3/4 choke open? Would to much air in the mix disallow proper operation even if the pump is working properly? One thing I noticed is the second insulator that was included seems to have a smaller opening than the one Im using, Not buy muchg at all though.

Pete
Old 04-27-2008, 09:23 AM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Has anyone ever heard of this?

Any air leaks at all will cause the problem you describe. Yes there have been several reports of leaking(cracked) insulators and gaskets improperly installed causing air leaks. Sometimes bolts being tightened to much causes cracks in the insulator block.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:28 AM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The second insulator is intended for those that want to rotate the carb. Ralph Cunningham started making insualtors a few years ago for this purpose so everyone went to Ralph to obtain an insualtor that let them change the carb position. Took awhile but Horizon or whoever figured out they were losing money. Ralph still sells his for about 1/3 of what Horizon does.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:07 AM
Pete737

Ok, Well I don't know what to do. So Ill proceed to send the motor in. Makes me sad though....

Pete