Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Hummingbird Motor Heat

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Hummingbird Motor Heat

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2003, 12:34 PM
Zjuggler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hummingbird Motor Heat

I'm still flying the stock motor on my hummingbird and I find that it gets REALLY hot very quickly. Do you hummingbird pilots out there see the same thing? My FP Piccolo is barely warm in comparison, even after a flying twice as long (again - stock motor).

Is that just to be expected from the hummingbird (since it's a less powerful motor), or are there any tricks for keeping it running a little cooler?

--Chris
Old 05-07-2003, 12:52 PM
Dodgey99

Hi Z, Mine gets too hot to touch after a few minutes. The stock motor is pretty poor. Mine gave up last week.
Old 05-07-2003, 04:42 PM
Zjuggler

Yeah, I already went through one myself. I guess the upside is that they're pretty cheap to replace. At some point going brushless makes the most sense, I suppose.