Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Fusco 1/3 scale Long EZ kit

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Fusco 1/3 scale Long EZ kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2003, 06:53 PM
Don Panek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fusco 1/3 scale Long EZ kit

On December 19th of 2002 I purchased a Long EZ kit from Fusco model company. Inadditon a retractable gear set for the nose wheel. As of this date May 7th I have not received the kit or info pertaing to the delivery. First I was told it would be delivered in late January,early Feburary ,then March,then April. Now I have been told that I need a FAX machine to obtain info on delivery.( I don't own a FAX machine).Is there anyone who purchased it and recived it or is waiting as I am ? I would appreciate inputs from individuals who are envolved. Thank you, Don Panek
Old 05-07-2003, 09:08 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

There has been some harsh words on rec.models.rc.air about this very topic.....check it out.

Jerry
Old 05-07-2003, 09:19 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

see this thread:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/showthread...ighlight=fusco]
Old 05-08-2003, 03:37 AM
ramboamt
My Feedback: (36)

Hi Don,
I ordered Two of the Berkets ARF's with order # 201 and 202. I just received the update letter from Val'a about the delay in shipping the birds.3 - 4 weeks with notification of the shipping date as it approaches. I gathered from the conversations that I have had with Val'a that they where caught off guard by the response to the Two for One and Free shipping offer for the birds. He has been working 12 - 14 hour days trying to get them out, he answers the phone and fields questions which takes time away from his work, I help out at a friends LHS and it really disrupts the flow of work being done answering the phone and talking to those darn pesky customers(':stupid:'), IMHO I would wait for the updates on the bird than have one that was unsatisfactory or dangerous.
The various improvements are:
Inboard wing panels, as well as the fuselage mid-section and molded speed brake now include Kevlar reinforcement.
Separate molded fiberglass canopy.
Improved landing gear retract system that uses the Robart 75 degree retracts. Molded landing gear doors and wheel well liners included.
Canard mounting update for ease of access to internal linkages
And an "Extremely Deluxe" hardware package.

As the previous thread stated the only real "Fupaa" that has been done is the lack of informing the customers of what is going on and from what I have seen this matter is being taken care of on the web site.
Old 05-10-2003, 05:46 AM
R Lummus

Default Berkut

Fellas, I too have ordered the 1/3rd scale Long EZ special,order #231 and have received my 1/5th scale long ez and fiberglass parts. I too have called and received promises of delivery from Val'a personally.(very impressive to hear from the man of the co.),but when i first called he told me of the overwhelming popularity of this offering, realizing this and understanding this (two key phrases) I knew it was going to take time.Good things always do.I have been treated with the utmost respect by Mr Val'a Fusco,and for that He has my respect,for I personally know what it is to be in his situation C'mon lighten up and be patient and to Mr Fusco I cant wait to get mine #231! Rock on Val'a
Old 05-10-2003, 07:37 AM
ramboamt
My Feedback: (36)

Default That's right lighten up!!

I agree with MR. R Lummus, this being a start up business with a built up from scratch, two view picture, aircraft with composite structure you need the time to do it right. As stated earlier all of the phone calls and interruptions takes a lot of time away from the building process. As to the guesstimates that what they are not a guarantee of when it will ship it says "Estimate time of shipping" which is a guess at when it will ship this time estimate will be closer to the truth over time and experience. I work for a major airline as a "Line maintenance mechanic", you know the guy walking around the aircraft at the gate with the flash light and the BIG red pencil, and I have this problem presented to me every day. When will the aircraft be ready for flight and you have to give them a "Guesstimate" at when they can load the passengers and cargo. Now if it is something that I have repaired before I have a better chance of giving a pretty good estimate at when it will be ready, you only get this from EXPERIENCE!

So hey lighten up!!
Old 05-10-2003, 11:01 AM
cloudnine
My Feedback: (1)

Default Berkut Pics

I posted some Berkut pics here: Berkut Pics

Looking good the plane that is p
Old 05-12-2003, 01:00 PM
TX-Deck

After a neat turn of events yesterday afternoon, Val'a personally called me via phone and we had a great 20-25 minute conversation on the status of things. After hanging up, I felt confident that the wheels are rolling over at Fusco, and it is simply a matter of time.

Check out CloudNine's link to the thread, where I have posted some details of my conversation with Val'a.

Cheers,
TX-Deck