Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

Brushless upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 09:36 PM
im2fst4u

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brushless upgrade

Hey, I have a 1/10 Exceed sunfire and I want to update the RC540 to a brushless for it's efficiency and maintainence. I was shown this motor by the Exceed guys (http://www.nitrorcx.com/ezrun-brushless-combo-set.html), I like the price (not really wanting to spend over $100) but I wonder about it's quality and speed I want around 35-45 MPH tops Plus I need to get it to Saskatchewan. Can you guys show me something with these specs with an ESC included? Also, how do KV's make a difference in the motor?
Old 05-30-2008, 11:37 PM
spartan117

Default RE: Brushless upgrade

I will start by explaining what kv is. Kv is the RPMs per volt that is theoretically possible in a perfect scenario. I think u should get your speed out of it with a 3 cell or 4 cell lipo. The speed control is made by the company that helped to design the world class Speed Passion GT ESC. Hobby-Wing's knowledge should make this setup a pretty good option. I am thinking of picking one up myself ever since i saw it on the product spotlight on the frontpage here at RCU.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:31 PM
galexis
My Feedback: (4)

I would suggest that you get a Mamba Sidewinder instead of that brand. Also shipping will probably be between $10-$20 extra. If you go to b-p-p.com you can get a the Mamba Sidewinder 4600kv or 5700kv system for the same price and free shipping. Trust me, look into it.....
Old 06-03-2008, 12:39 PM
rckt_mtrspts
Banned

ORIGINAL: im2fst4u
I like the price (not really wanting to spend over $100) but I wonder about it's quality
It has been my expereince that anytime one attempts to get a lowball deal they most often not only disappointed in the short term but also the long term as quality is never a concern with cheap manufacturers.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:20 PM
im2fst4u

ORIGINAL: galexis

I would suggest that you get a Mamba Sidewinder instead of that brand. Also shipping will probably be between $10-$20 extra. If you go to b-p-p.com you can get a the Mamba Sidewinder 4600kv or 5700kv system for the same price and free shipping. Trust me, look into it.....
Hey I looked into it and there was no sidewinder and all the other motor/ESC combos were way over $100 plus I have a off road buggy (sorry wrong forum) but I want something that can take it and will only do about 30-40 mph