Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

carden 35% cap anybody out there buildong one with const. pictures

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

carden 35% cap anybody out there buildong one with const. pictures

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2003, 07:47 PM
DENNIS C
My Feedback: (99)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default carden 35% cap anybody out there buildong one with const. pictures

TODD

I have not had the pleasure of dealing with dennis & caroline. i also heard that they are very nice people to deal with. my only complant was the manual. really did not tell that much.

dennis
Old 05-14-2003, 08:41 PM
CAPtain232
My Feedback: (40)

Dennis and Caroline are some of the greatest people to deal with in the RC industry. I know it woould be hard to pay $150 just for the plans, but you also have to understand that this industry is one where you have to protect what you make. Otherwise anyone and everyone will copy it and make money off of what YOU DESIGNED or built.
Old 05-14-2003, 09:40 PM
DaveMiller

To all,

I have dealt with alot of folks and I agree that companys have the right to protect their items. Carden, Aerotech, Pirate etc. But I have seen my share over the 20 years in the Hobby and no one can say they havent borrowed from someone else. Most supporters just turn a blind eye. Now I don't have anything against Carden just the ridiculous prices for what I requested. Now as far as Todd's comment you almost delt with Aerotech?

Im on my third kit without worry and the posts even in here are very positive. They have done a good job with me as did Aeroworks when I bought my ARF even though the ARF wasn't that great the company was fine. So we all have our opinions and we voice them here good and bad, but people should make there own judgements based on there experiences.

Thanks

Dave Miller P.A.
Old 05-14-2003, 10:30 PM
augiep38
My Feedback: (3)

Yep I almost dealt with Aerotech. I wanted his Super Chipmunk. I think at the time it was a $350.00 kit and he wanted a 200.00 cash deposit.

After that, I decided I didn't want it. I understand he takes paypal now, but I have all the planes I need and there was just something about the string of emails I had that didn't set right with me. Plus the high deposit amount in relation to kit cost made me feel they needed the money for materials. Water under the bridge now.

I just wanted to point out that all business will at one point in time tick off a customer or potential customer. I just thought I would give Dennis and Caroline a plug since I have 5 of their planes and have had nothing but the best of service from them on the first purchase to the fifth.

Todd
Old 05-15-2003, 02:15 AM
DMcQuinn
My Feedback: (13)

A while back someone asked...

"If I may ask, why didn't you cut the holes in the rudder before you sheeted?"

In order to take out any significant weight, I had to remove the balsa along with the foam. I weighed the part before and after the holes were cut. I think I only lost an ounce or so. I kept records of the material weights, but they are at home and I am not. I did similar weight reductions throughout the kit and in total I think I reduced only 16 ounces. I am fairly confident that this modified rudder still has plenty of stiffness, even in its holy form.