Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

zdz 60rv

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 09:45 PM
icando3d2
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default zdz 60rv

Hey guys im a glow guy but have 2 gassers i have a 29% which has a zdz 60 rv its sooo hard to start and its doesnt get fuel put some in the carb it starts then im good to go any ideas how are you guys running your fuel tank lines like 3 line or what and if theres a trick to it please go into detail i have a 2 line one with a t in it going from tank to carb the other vent.
thanks
Chris
Old 07-08-2008, 09:50 PM
Gobbler870
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: zdz 60rv

Little off subject...sorry............But I was thinking about purchasing a ZDZ60 for my 50cc yak. I don't know anyone that has a ZDZ so I wanted to ask what type of RPM and power were you getting out of the ZDZ??? I have a DA50 thats turning a Xoar 23x8 at 6810 but is gurggleing through the midrange and low end...Only have 2 gallons through it so I guess I'm still tuning it in...Thanks
Old 07-08-2008, 10:21 PM
propchief
My Feedback: (65)

I'm running a 2 line system on a ZDZ 50NG Yak with a "T" going from the fuel feed to the fuel dot for filling. Make sure on your engine that the choke closes completely to aid in getting fuel to the carb. For the 1st start of the day I've had success by closing the choke, full throttle, ignition off and flip 10 times; then close the throttle to high idle and flip another 10; then open the choke and ignition on and flip to start. They like to be wet to start. You may have to modify these procedures to find what works best for you.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:04 AM
altavillan
My Feedback: (1)

Two or three things come to mind to make starting zdz or any engine easier.
1. Installing a pulse port tube directly over the center of the pump diaphram will increase pump efficiency and improve/reduce the riquired priming cycle.
2. Visualy verify the choke plate is closing completely.
3. Opening the low needle and learning to tune with a slightly wetter low needle setting.
4. And if all else fails, get a Dewalt 14v rechargeable drill, (you know you want one anyway) and a large starter cone from Tower. Don't forget to order the insert, they are sold seperately. 18v drills are a bit too bulky for hobby use and the 14v drill has dang near the same amount of power.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:30 PM
kfir2

The new black head zdz 60 has a choke lever that locks at idle, and if the idle is set to high or you try to prime with full throttle the choke opens automatically. So far the best gasser i have owned, awesome power and smooth transition. I find the best is to close choke, switch on and flick until coughs 5 flicks for first start, flick throttle to open choke and flick until fires usually 3 flicks. Wont even cough if choke not fully closed.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:01 PM
icando3d2
My Feedback: (15)

how many flips is it taking you when its warm
Old 07-10-2008, 02:41 AM
kfir2

Most times first flick without choke, depending on how long it has stood. An immediate restart -first flick and stopping on throttle not switch. low end set so that it will not pick up if not warmed up first. Mejlik 24/10 and k7s can muffler in wildhare extra 300 special 84", old build ie heavy 18+ pounds.Cant remember rpm but 6600 when not fully run in seems to ring a bell