Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

We need some HPI, AE, traxxas,and losi reps on the boards

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

We need some HPI, AE, traxxas,and losi reps on the boards

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2003, 10:44 PM
nitroman88
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default We need some HPI, AE, traxxas,and losi reps on the boards

We really need some of these guys, This way we can tell them exactly what we want.
Old 05-15-2003, 03:07 AM
grampi

Default Re: We need some HPI, AE, traxxas,and losi reps on the boards

Originally posted by nitroman88
We really need some of these guys, This way we can tell them exactly what we want.
This would be a dream to get these people in here.

The first thing I would say to all of them is that they need to make a rolling chassis kit version of every RTR kit they're currently making.

I'd tell AE and Traxxas to take a tip from Losi and start including some decent radios with their RTR kits.

I'd ask AE when they're really going to release the MGT, if they actually are. I'd also tell them they need to make a 1/8 buggy.

I'd tell Traxxas to quit trying to pass off the 2.5 engine problems as mistuning and deal with the very real problem.

I'd tell Losi they need to make a 1/8 buggy as well.
Old 05-15-2003, 12:19 PM
mikeDPP

grampi:

Please elaborate on the Traxxas 2.5 engine problems. I just bought one and, of course, I appear to be having trouble tuning it. It will run through a half tank of fuel and stall at idle. I then have a hard time starting it back up for 3-4 minutes. I don't have an infared thermometer, but I have tried the "spit" test and it doesn't appear to be over heating. I have no visible signs of over heating: loss of power, etc.

I would be interested to hear what the engine problems you are referring to are.

Thanks,

Mike D
Old 05-15-2003, 12:47 PM
grampi

The problem you're having is the problem everyone else is having. When the engine gets up to operating temps, it stalls and becomes difficult to impossible to start. I'm still having this problem, though it's not as bad as it once was. People who have contacted Traxxas about this have been told their engines weren't tuned properly. A lot of EXPERIENCED RCers are not able to get rid of this problem, and I can tell you it's not a tuning issue. It's some kind of built-in problem with the engine and Traxxas just doesn't want to deal with it. You can save yourself a lot of grief by pulling the engine now and replacing it. As soon as Fantom's FR18 is available, I'm getting one.
Old 05-15-2003, 01:05 PM
beardking
My Feedback: (4)

Grampi, what engines are available that would accept the E-Z start system. I know most people say get rid of that and save the weight, but with me having a Savage, I get plenty of pull start time.
Old 05-15-2003, 02:25 PM
mikeDPP

Grampi:

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!

I am glad to know it isn't my inability to tune the darn thing! If that is just what it does, I can learn to just deal with it I guess until I get a new motor or Traxxas does something about it.

I guess I should have done my homework a little better before buying it, but that is life. Maybe everyone with this problem should make a coordinated effort to force Traxxas to do something about this. What do you think? Perhaps making the problem more public would get the attention of Traxxas.

Do you know if there is anywhere else on the internet where I can research more about this problem?

Mike D.
Old 05-15-2003, 02:59 PM
Unstable

Default Re: We need some HPI, AE, traxxas,and losi reps on the boards

Originally posted by nitroman88
I'll talk to Marc (RCAdmin) as soon as he gets back from vacation.

maybe he can send a invitation to these guys and have them get some of their reps to sign up.

we have a bunch of guys on the airplane side, (great planes, enya, supertiger, etc)as well as radio guys (hitec, futaba, jr)

the only rep I know of right now that is active in the cars is CEN racing. we need more.
Old 05-15-2003, 03:04 PM
grampi

beardking

The Sirio .18 is a direct drop-in replacement engine for the Maxx which also accepts the EZ start system. Fantom is releasing a new FR18 in a couple weeks which is also a direct drop-in replacement engine. This is the engine I'm waiting for. I have a Fantom FR15 in my RC 10 and I love it!

MikeDPP

You did your homework. The T-Maxx is one of the best MT's (probably amoung the top 2 best) you can get. There are very few MT RTR kits that couldn't use a better engine.
Old 05-15-2003, 03:08 PM
beardking
My Feedback: (4)

Thanks grampi. Now I just need to convince my accountant (wife) that I REALLY need to buy a new engine for that truck I just bought.

Oh, and is the Sirio also a direct drop in replacement for the Rustler. I'm sure it would be since it uses the same engine.
Old 05-15-2003, 03:11 PM
grampi

Seeing how the nitro rusty uses the 2.5, I would say it is. Sirio .18 + rusty = 60+ mph!
Old 05-15-2003, 03:22 PM
mikeDPP

grampi:

Thanks for all of the info, but I still think that the manufacturers of an RTR should still be responsible to provide a quality product that includes the engine. I should have to buy a new engine 1 month after buying the RTR.

Mike D.
Old 05-15-2003, 03:37 PM
James1701

I just have one question. Why would Traxxas come here to hear the same problems they have on there own board over and over again. Trust me they know whats up. But they are not responding yet. But it would be nice to get feed back for other problems other than 2.5 related.
Old 05-15-2003, 03:44 PM
grampi

Originally posted by MikeDPP
grampi:

Thanks for all of the info, but I still think that the manufacturers of an RTR should still be responsible to provide a quality product that includes the engine. I should have to buy a new engine 1 month after buying the RTR.

Mike D.
Or they should make kits available without the engine and radio so us, the consumer, can choose our own.
Old 05-15-2003, 03:52 PM
grampi

Originally posted by James1701
I just have one question. Why would Traxxas come here to hear the same problems they have on there own board over and over again. Trust me they know whats up. But they are not responding yet. But it would be nice to get feed back for other problems other than 2.5 related.
It's sad that a company as well known as Traxxas has decided to basically sweep this problem under the rug. What they should be doing is admitting there's a problem, and they should offer a free of charge engine swap to everyone who is having problems with their 2.5. I guarantee if they did that, people wouldn't be bad mouthing them, or having second thoughts on whether they should buy a T-Maxx or not. The way they are dealing with this issue is dead wrong.
Old 05-15-2003, 04:26 PM
James1701

Grampi
You are exactly right. Now I have about 3/4 of a gallon in my sportmaxx, I have had some of the problems others have had, just not as bad as it sounds like. Just think how much money Traxxas is loosing. When someone asks about a Traxxas or HPI product, what complaints do you hear, Traxxas, 2.5 trouble 99% of the time. And lets face it, if you were new and looked at the two, engine trouble is a daunting issue. It does not matter to most whether the other brand might have 4 or five problems out of the box. They are going to see engine trouble all over the place and avoid that product.
Old 05-15-2003, 04:33 PM
grampi

And the funny thing is, Traxxas could fix all of this by offering free engine replacements. Sure it would cut into their profits, but not like it will when sales of the T-Maxx comes to a screeching halt! If their lucky, they'll realize this before it's too late.
Old 05-15-2003, 04:39 PM
James1701

A replacement or at least and explanation. To be honest, they have the best selling product out for that last few years. To replace all of the bad ones it would bankrupt them. And for me I would rather know why its doing it and see them correct it on all the new models so if I buy another one, it will not happen again. Or they can find a fix, do a very cheap exchange program for the problem engine or parts.
Old 05-15-2003, 04:54 PM
grampi

The bad 2.5's have just been showing up the last few months. It isn't like all the 2.5's have this problem. Replacing just the bad ones isn't going hurt them. Regardless of what they should do to correct this problem, what they're doing now, which is basically nothing, is absolutely wrong.
Old 05-15-2003, 04:57 PM
James1701

Grampi
I agree.
Old 05-15-2003, 05:10 PM
Rex2342

This forum is already the place to go if you need help.If we had the actual people who make the stuff we brake then it would be even better and maybe the AE Rep. could finally tell us when the MGT is coming out!!!Could you add OFNA to that list as well?
Old 05-15-2003, 05:24 PM
Unstable

Originally posted by grampi
It's sad that a company as well known as Traxxas has decided to basically sweep this problem under the rug. What they should be doing is admitting there's a problem, and they should offer a free of charge engine swap to everyone who is having problems with their 2.5. I guarantee if they did that, people wouldn't be bad mouthing them, or having second thoughts on whether they should buy a T-Maxx or not. The way they are dealing with this issue is dead wrong.

this is were I feel HPI really shines.

they had a problem with the uprights snapping in cold weather, they re-engineered the parts and offered to replace them free.

they had issues with the tranny when it first came out, havent heard a peep in a long time about that.

dogbones breaking? I hear that the new savage kits come with extras.

yeah the savage has teething problems but it seems that HPI cares about what people think about them so they are working on solving those issues as the crop up.

rex when I talk to marc I will add ofna to the list.

I want to talk to him before "officially" inviting any of companies to the forum because its his site and all.. of course I cant tell him because that bum is in florida visiting mickey mouse.
Old 05-15-2003, 06:04 PM
Rex2342

The guy at my lhs told me HPI updated the dogbones for the savage and all the new kits come with a few extra updated ones just for good measure.He told me there was some problem with the cooling method they used on the dogbones and it was makeng them weaker than they should have been so they fixed it AND give you extra ones.GO HPI!!!!!!
Old 05-15-2003, 10:56 PM
Albyno883

wellllll..........there are about 4-5 AE reps who hang around here a lot: www.rc10b4.com . also a ton of tips for the B4 buggy......getting my own this weekend . its not nitro, but heck i have 3 ther friend who are getting em, and we're gonna have a parts pool type of thing, so why not

Sam
Old 05-15-2003, 11:06 PM
James1701

If we cant get model company reps, why not get reps from the magazines, like RC Car Action and Nitro Action. They are the ones who put it in print. If they would start reporting problems in such a wide circulation the maybe the company's would take notice sooner. And would also make more announcements on there plans for problems.