Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

traxxas

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2003, 02:20 AM
mustang_gt_350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default traxxas

howdy have a question i just installed the cvd kit in my nitro sport and since i have been having a problem. when i drive my truck the wheel nut tightens up on the drivers side of the truck to the point that the wheel will not spin.. if i would replace the brass type spacers in the axle carrier with bearings would that fix the problem?. thanks
Old 05-20-2003, 04:57 PM
packfan88
My Feedback: (2)

Default traxxas

if you have bearings instead of bushings in your wheels, you give it something to tighten onto that still spins freely. the bushings are a solid pice of metal so when you tighten it, it will slow/stop the wheel.
with bearings there are moving parts to it. so the nut hits the center part of the bearing and clamps down while the outer part of the bearing(which is in contact with the rim) is allowed to spin as fast as the wheel will go.
Old 05-20-2003, 05:04 PM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default traxxas

If the wheel nut is tightening on the driveshaft, your rim is slipping on the driveshaft. Make sure the axle has shims between the rear hub carrier and the axle pin (if it isn't, the rim can skip over the pin and cause the problem you describe).
Old 05-22-2003, 02:59 AM
mustang_gt_350

Default traxxas

alright thanks for the help. going to give it a try thanks