Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.
View Poll Results: A poll
Spektrum DX3R
42.86%
Futaba 4PK 2.4ghz system
57.14%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

2.4ghz radio poll

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 08:14 PM
raedatari

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2.4ghz radio poll

you don't have to be too smart to measure how for you drive along the beach when you set your car odometer.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:35 PM
systemlord

ORIGINAL: raedatari

you don't have to be too smart to measure how far you drive along the beach when you set your car odometer.
Some people don't think before they speak and it ends up making them look... I guess some people are still riding horses because of gas prices, lol.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:38 AM
Technex

Spektrum/JR >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t; Futaba.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:29 PM
ah-see

you don't have to be too smart to measure how for you drive along the beach when you set your car odometer.
Sorry i didn't think you would have your real car on the beach. I'm ignorant like that .
Old 08-08-2008, 10:53 AM
vicdat

I've used Futaba since the early '80's, and always had good luck with them for cars and boats... Now I'm in the market for a 2.4 system and can't pass up the current Spektrum deal for a DX3 with two receivers and two JR servos for $209.00. Hope I'm not making a mistake. My bashing partners use the FASST system and they rave about its performance.
Old 08-08-2008, 05:43 PM
systemlord

ORIGINAL: ah-see

Sorry i didn't think you would have your real car on the beach. I'm ignorant like that .
Oh boy, you missed it completely. He said he drove his car "along the beach", meaning the road right next to the actual beach. Here in California you can jump out of your car a litterly step onto the beach. Spetrum is crap, thats why its so cheap and looks like a sweat deal. "In this world you get what you pay for".
Old 08-13-2008, 03:35 AM
jasrx

ORIGINAL: RevToTheRedline

Honest truth is I'd still prefer my 3PKS over the 4PK, it feels better, I like the design, and it's module based which I prefer.

Why not save a bunch of money and get a 3PKS with a FAAST module, it's got the same features pretty much.
well some pepole [ like me ] would need a 4th channel
Old 08-14-2008, 08:10 PM
dkastil

yah miles how did you se 2 miles and also not run in the water did you drive the car in a car or truck 2 miles away and test
Old 08-19-2008, 10:55 PM
CBM Racing

Jebus! You guys never been to the real beaches? Driving 2 miles ain't nothing when you can drive literally 20 times that and never be more than a mile from the water! Doubters doubters doubters that never leave the state. The guy has over 2 miles range, get over it and accept that todays technologies are really that good. My jrxs3 has almost 1 mile range, guess how I measured it? Like he says, ya ain't got ta be a rocket scientist to push a button on a dash board and then read the little number when signal is lost. It's like saying you couldn't have tested it that way because you woulda run into a corn field. Roads everywhere in the midwest(especially around chi. il.)go for a lot more than 2miles in a straight line as well, get out of town and see for yourself, sheesh!
Also, these come with failsafes built in, so if you set the transmitter down or have someone hold it and take the rx wfor a drive with you, and notice when it goes into failsafe, then look at the little number on the instrunent panel, you got your max range. That is a real nightmare to come up with, been doing it for yrs that way, you should try it to.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:54 AM
dkastil

well I have got it, today was another test, singnal range was a little more than 2 miles along the beach, knowing the trick how to boost signal worth the try.
cornfield in chicago lol getting ripped on by a cheese head rofl no car in the post till he replys to someone the first post that i called bs on "a little more then 2 miles along the beach " no mentoun of being in a car is quoted above and who does that i have a 3pk with fasst as long as my car goes as far as i can se i am ok futaba says iy goes 80 yards guys have tested them to way farther but how does it matter and why does it what can you do out of sight
Old 08-20-2008, 01:51 AM
systemlord

ORIGINAL: dkastil

well I have got it, today was another test, singnal range was a little more than 2 miles along the beach, knowing the trick how to boost signal worth the try.
cornfield in chicago lol getting ripped on by a cheese head rofl no car in the post till he replys to someone the first post that i called bs on "a little more then 2 miles along the beach " no mentoun of being in a car is quoted above and who does that i have a 3pk with fasst as long as my car goes as far as i can se i am ok futaba says iy goes 80 yards guys have tested them to way farther but how does it matter and why does it what can you do out of sight
It was simply a test, nothing more. If that went too far over you head then it sounds like a personal problem to me! When I first got my first Laser Tag gun in the early 80's, the first thing I did was see if I could bounce the laser off a mirror at 100 feet, I was just testing the accuracy of the laser. Its cool to see how far our technology can really go these days, even if its not practical.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:23 AM
dkastil

i dont care i was just asking how you did it if you dont say in you did it IN a car till a few posts later what are we sposto think i was not the only one that thought i did not think you were ful of it then but now with the overreaction to guys asking how you did it ???? hummm
Old 08-20-2008, 05:17 AM
systemlord

i dont care i was just asking how you did it if you dont say in you did it IN a car till a few posts later what are we sposto think i was not the only one that thought i did not think you were ful of it then but now with the overreaction to guys asking how you did it makes me think whe did he just reply to that other guy that asked you how you knew you were 2 miles .why not just say oh by the way i drove 2 miles IN my car 2 miles along the beach
You don't have to be too smart to measure how for you drive along the beach when you set your car odometer.
Thats good enough for me, what thats not good enough for you? All you have to do is power up both receiver and transmitter, then leave transmitter behind and when your servos go into failsafe bingo. Now you look at your car odometer, is that really so hard? Someone that is somewhat knowledgeable in RC could easliy have figured it out as I did. raedatari may have not gone into more detail like most would have liked, but thats all he was willing to give it. What raedatari did was an extremely long "Range Test" like most smart people do before they fly or go offroading, he just took it a step further. I have flown am radios (over 15 years ago) at least two miles away from me, at that point I hand it over to my brother so he can save my plane for me.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:43 AM
dkastil

i have been in rc for 25 years dont patronise me for now the third time when i asked how he did it because he did not say in his first post what dont you get do you want to keep beeting this to death
Old 08-20-2008, 09:13 AM
systemlord

i have been in rc for 25 years
Oh yeah, I believe that one!

Old 08-20-2008, 04:48 PM
dkastil

i am 36 how hard is it to be in rc at 11 i had so mny cars by the time i was 11 it was retarded i had hornets grass hoppers a 959 the frog i and mny more i dont rember then i mooved upto rc 10s at about 14 i had gliders planes i was verry spoiled as a kid
Old 08-20-2008, 06:21 PM
For_The_Win

ORIGINAL: systemlord

ORIGINAL: haasjj

ORIGINAL: systemlord

Futaba is clearly number one in helicoptors, airplane and car/truck radio's!

Says who, you? In my opinion, the JR brand is much better.
Yes says me and many others in this thread, because thats my opinion and personal preference after 20+ years of using Futaba radios. The OP didn't ask about JR radios, have another look at the poll as thats clearly not a choice.
Here is one more person that think Futaba is better. i bought the dx2 for my rc10b4 wont work with my esc. took it back got a futaba. LOVE IT!!
Old 08-21-2008, 03:03 PM
mtbkym01

Isn't Spektrum JR's DSM system anyway? So calling Spektrum low quality, is like calling JR low quality. I just got my DX3R, and what you get for what you pay is pretty good IMHO. Not suggesting Futaba is no good, I like the 3PKS a lot, just was gonna cost me too much to change over. I know a lot of guys using 3PKS, but all have spektrum modules, so dont know about the FASST system myself, although it sounds pretty good. I remember reading something about resetting a failsafe, or rebinding (not sure which) everytime you switch it on though, which could be a little annoying.
Old 08-21-2008, 03:19 PM
dkastil

no the fail save stays set you have to just set it anf forget it ,I do agree with you about the jr vs spektrim i have a jr and a 3pk with fasst
and have never had a prob but so far in the past month i have seen alot of specktrum problems on rcu but i have yet to se any futaba problems
that has to say something .
Old 08-21-2008, 07:16 PM
systemlord

I also have seen many Spektrum problems related to complete signal loss with model and the Spektrums not working with ECS. For me Futaba equals problem free, get what you pay for technology. Spektrum radios "can" be decent, but would go for a Hitec, Airtronics or make my own radio before going with a Spektrum radio!
Old 08-22-2008, 10:28 PM
ElectricGuy007

Futaba FASST[8D]
Old 08-24-2008, 10:12 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: mtbkym01

Isn't Spektrum JR's DSM system anyway? So calling Spektrum low quality, is like calling JR low quality. I just got my DX3R, and what you get for what you pay is pretty good IMHO. Not suggesting Futaba is no good, I like the 3PKS a lot, just was gonna cost me too much to change over. I know a lot of guys using 3PKS, but all have spektrum modules, so dont know about the FASST system myself, although it sounds pretty good. I remember reading something about resetting a failsafe, or rebinding (not sure which) everytime you switch it on though, which could be a little annoying.
After owning both the Spektrum module and the FASST module for Futaba 3PK and 3PKs, the FASST one is superior. I have had problems with the Spektrum one making my servos buzz and twitch for no reason, even with the linkages, EPA, etc. set. The FASST module is superior in that it does not suffer any of these problems.

I do also concur, the Spektrum module does not have the range the FASST module has. If anyone has a 3PK or 3PKS, I highly suggest the FASST one, even with its hugher cost.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:58 PM
ametek

ALL the module systems are junk IMHO [X(]
Old 08-27-2008, 11:14 PM
dkastil

ORIGINAL: ametek

i dont know about that it is great to be able to use am fm pcm pph and hrs in my 3pk .
Old 08-28-2008, 01:50 AM
systemlord

ORIGINAL: ametek

i dont know about that it is great to be able to use am fm pcm pph and hrs in my 3pk .
I agree, being able to go back to FM incase there some kind of unforseen problem in the future with 2.4GHz. Why should Futaba and Airtronics have to remake an entire computer radio just to upgrade it to 2.4GHz? There are people out there that bought the 3PK about two years ago that have an opportunity to upgrade without having to buy a completely new radio, just upgrade by buying a 2.4GHz FASST module and your two year old computer radio is now ready for many more years of use. If I had bought the 3PK two years ago and saw an upgrade that would render my two years old radio 2.4GHz, I'd be crazy happy!! Way to go Futaba and the others that followed this route!