Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

DX3R questions..

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 05:57 PM
Jailbird1818
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX3R questions..

I can't seem to find much info about the DX3R radio. All I seem to find is the 2.0 and 3.0 are crap, and the 3PM was sent down from the heavens. I don't like the feel of any of these radios so I am looking at the DX3R. Can some actual owners of the 3R give me some feedback on this radio (pros/cons)? I can find pleanty about the other 3 radios I mentioned so please don't post about them. Thanks for any help!

-JB
Old 08-25-2008, 09:11 PM
mtbkym01

Default RE: DX3R questions..

Had my first race meeting with mine (200mm Touring) on the weekend after upgrading from the DX2.0. So far so good, very light and comfortable. Another racer at my club has had one since they first came out, and is still on the same set of 4 AA's (Energizer Lithiums). Still got a lot to learn about it's full capabilities, but seems very easy to use and set-up. I've noticed some other experienced guys on here like 2dmaxlst, who are using the DX3R and are very happy with it. There was a common problem with some early models in that they would 'unbind' themselves while switched off, and too my knowledge this never happened when in use. The new models have an upgraded interface which eliminates this happening. I am extremely satisfied with mine at this stage.

BTW I considered a 3PKS with module, but was a bit too expensive, so went with the DX3R.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:56 AM
trackman

jailbird i also dont like the feel of a futaba. i have had the dx3r for about 3 months and i like the feel of it, very
light in my hands. its easy to use and is compatible with my old spectrum receivers. however, i am having issues
with it loosing bind. have talked to horizon and im getting ready to send it in for an update. all in all though im very
happy with it.
Old 08-28-2008, 06:17 PM
Jailbird1818
My Feedback: (5)

Thanks for the replies guys! I have one other sort of dumb question. What do you do with the antenna wire? Do you string it up into a short antenna tube just like FM? Thanks again!

-JB
Old 08-30-2008, 07:01 PM
mtbkym01

ORIGINAL: Jailbird1818

Thanks for the replies guys! I have one other sort of dumb question. What do you do with the antenna wire? Do you string it up into a short antenna tube just like FM? Thanks again!

-JB
Yeah, I just cut down the antenna tube and run a short one. On my truggy, it doesn't even protrude the body, On my MT (LST2) it stick out abount an inch, and same for my 200mm touring car.

As stated, only a few of the early release DX3R's had the issue with the unbinding, and is no longer a problem. Cant speak highly enough of my DX3R. 1st race meeting with it, without reading the manual to set it up, just followed my nose on screen, and placed 2nd overall (200mm onroad) setting a PB at the same time. Not saying the radio made my car handle better, but just found it very easy and comfortable to drive with, and felt really 'connected' to the car.

Cheers