Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

EPA ajust ments

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 07:47 PM
sdp30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EPA ajust ments

Cant seem to get my endpoints right should i be adjusting them with the truck on the ground or up on a stand
Old 08-30-2008, 08:53 PM
systemlord

Default RE: EPA ajust ments

ORIGINAL: sdp30

Cant seem to get my endpoints right should i be adjusting them with the truck on the ground or up on a stand
I would do it off the ground, because then you don't have anything influencing your adjustments.
Old 08-31-2008, 03:23 AM
dacaur

yea do it off the ground. here is how I set mine.... first turn it down to 50% so you dont start out binding the servo, Turn the steering wheel all the way one direction, then slowly turn the epa up and watch the tires, when the tires don't move when you turn it up, you are at full steering throw, back it back down a couple more. now compress the suspension with the wheel still fully turned, listen for the servo to buzz, if the servo buzzes at any point during suspension travel, turn it down a little more... no repeat for the other direction, and if its a nitro, do the same thing with the throttle servo, but don't worry about the suspension, and don't worry about the brake side yet... turn that down only if you have too much braking....

Edited - I left out a sentence... added it in (in italics)
Old 08-31-2008, 12:05 PM
sdp30

sounds like that should work let me give it a try
thanks