Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
Reload this Page >

Turn control wheel right, tires and wheels turn left...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Turn control wheel right, tires and wheels turn left...

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 01:12 PM
Crash_SPT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turn control wheel right, tires and wheels turn left...

I bought a used but well taken care of Losi XXX-T Sport brushless without a transmitter or receiver. I also own a Losi Speed-T. I want to use my Losi MTX Pro DSM transmitter for both trucks, so I bought an additional Losi MRX-3000 DSM receiver. I hooked everything up properly, but when I turn the control wheel in either direction, the wheels and tires on the truck turn the opposite direction turn the control wheel to the right, the tires and wheels turn left, etc. Could it be a compatibility issue or did I receive a defective receiver?

Current set-up:
Losi MTX Pro DSM transmitter
Losi MRX-3000 DSM receiver
JR Racing Z590M servo
Novak XBR/EX 10.5 brushless

Thanking you in advance for your assistance!
Old 08-13-2008, 01:40 PM
snowbl!nd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Turn control wheel right, tires and wheels turn left...

There should be two servo reversing switches (possibly accessed through sub-menus depending on the model) on the transmitter - flick the one for steering to the other position and they should turn the right way
Old 08-13-2008, 01:42 PM
Suprachrgd82

Sounds like you got your tires on the wrong sides. Sort of like wearing the shoes on the wrong feet.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:27 PM
Crash_SPT

I tested both Losi MRX-DSM 3000 receivers in the Speed-T and XXX-T. Both receivers work properly in the Speed-T with Losi MSX digital servo; both operate in reverse in the XXX-T with JR Racing Z590M servo, so it is definitely not a defective receiver.

I looked for the switches on the MTX "Pro" DSM transmitter to reverse the servo, but unless I am losing my sight, I cannot find any. The only adjustments that I can see on the transmitter are to increase/decrease steering trim, throttle trim, and brake. [&:]

*** Edit: Dang it! There it is. On top of the transmitter. Problem resolved. Thanks for your help snowbl!nd!
Old 08-13-2008, 09:41 PM
DaveG55

ORIGINAL: Suprachrgd82

Sounds like you got your tires on the wrong sides. Sort of like wearing the shoes on the wrong feet.
That wasn't a serious suggestion, was it?
Old 08-16-2008, 12:16 PM
dkastil

is is just the direction the servo is mounted reverse that channeland you will be ok and 100% your recever has reversing if all transmitters did not have reversing it would limit your servo mounting options go to the web site and look at the directions they have them or just RTFM read the fng manuel RTFM is key in fixing all sorts of thing s i hope this helps
Old 08-17-2008, 03:52 PM
dacaur

just dont forget you have it reversed when you go to drive your speed t... take off full throttle, go to correct left and the truck goes the opposite way.... at the speeds that thing can hit, you would have just enough time to remember "oh yea, I forgot about the reverse switch...." before its in little peices
Old 09-01-2008, 03:08 AM
robwiljas

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Suprachrgd82

[sm=biggrin.gif] lol