Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Do I wait for the MBX5 or get the Kanai 2?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Do I wait for the MBX5 or get the Kanai 2?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2003, 11:34 PM
mkinla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do I wait for the MBX5 or get the Kanai 2?

I'm dying here...... I know I can get a NEW Kanai 2 and RB WS7-2 motor for about $900 I've got everything else.

I've been hearing alot about the new MBX5, but if you call them they won't even give you a list price on the thing, and is it going to be better than the Kanai 2, I just don't know. Everyone was talking about the PBS months ago, I got one and then put another $500 bucks into it with a better radio, servos, a REAL starter box and now an OS Carb because the one on the 8 Port is a pain in the *****.

I can use the Hitec 945 in my Savage and get another receiver for the JR XS3 and use it for both buggies so I'm set.

Just looking for some thoughts.
Old 05-22-2003, 12:59 AM
flyingjibus

well here is what I know. the Kanai (mp 7.5) is the most winningest and dominant 1/8 nitro buggy ever made. IF(spoken very hypothetically) the MBX5 is better in some way its not going to be noticable to anyone but the most seasoned racers. and even then it cant be that big of a difference. If you cant wait go ahead and buy the Kanai knowing your getting a GREAT car or wait and get something that isn't proven and very few people will have but MAY prove to be as good or a little better. THaTS mY tWo CeNTS
Old 05-22-2003, 02:28 AM
kyokai2

The new Mugen is nothing but a Kanai wanna be, it has nothing better on it than the K2. They are even going to sell it as a ready to run so that should tell you something. The K2 is a proven champion and with the new WS72 you will have the ride to beat. Im not cutting down Mugen, they do make fine quality products but to say the New 5 is better would be BS.
Old 05-22-2003, 03:21 AM
waverave
My Feedback: (3)

I know I can get a NEW Kanai 2 and RB WS7-2 motor for about $900
Damn...that's a pretty good price for that combination. Where at?
The best I can find is about $1000 for both.
Old 05-22-2003, 04:11 AM
mkinla

Well you can get a Kanai for $650
and you can get a WS7-2 for $325

Which is $975, trust me if you ask a LHS to sell you both for $900 they shouldn't say no, and if they do they're being greedy.

This sport just like most anything else related with sports has quite a bit of profit margin in it.

Hell in my business I bid on projects the are over a million dollars at 20% profit margin in an industry where it's average is 35%, and before you ask why I would do that let me say that $200K in profit is better than $0k in profit.

Just my experience
Old 05-23-2003, 02:31 AM
soapsuds43

im looking for a new engine for my MBX-4 is the RB one you mentioned any good
Old 05-23-2003, 02:56 AM
mkinla

Well the RB engines from what everyone tells me and from what I've read, I'm a research freak before spending money, is that they are extremely reliable, easy to tune because of the 2 needle carb and depending what you want they're extremely strong.

The RB C5 is huge top end
And the RB WS7 and WS7-2 have alot more torque.

I want the WS7-2 because the modification they made to the carburator gives you more midrange. It's about $45 bucks more, but hell the WS7 is about $275, and another $45 is nothing.

Just my opinion

Oh yeah I got a Kanai 2 today at ACE-HOBBIES for $609, try and beat that. Those guys rock.
Old 05-24-2003, 08:03 AM
the_weg

what is the address for acehobbies, that sounds like you got a good deal, have you seen how much they are on tower? they completely rip you off there!!
Old 05-24-2003, 04:26 PM
mkinla

The address is

www.ace-hobbies.com

The price on the webpage hasn't been updated yet. You'll have to call them