Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Warning about All-Battery.com

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 12:45 PM
grimgard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warning about All-Battery.com

Well I needed some new NIMH batteries and did some shopping around and found all-battery.com and what a mistake that was. I ordered two 8.4v 4500mAh 7 cell batteries with deans connectors on them and when I ordered them they were in stock. I got a confermation email saying my order was shipping 8/28 with a fed-ex tracking number. I waited till 9/3 and when I tracked my order it still had not left the wearhouse. I called them and talked ot a rude lady who told me it would ship today and the wearhouse "had a problem" and didnt ship them on 8/28. I figured ok well people make mistakes so I was happy with waiting a few more days. I check my email in box and there is another email from all-battery and thinking its a new tracking number I open it and to my suprise its a email telling me the batteries are not in stock. Whaa?? So I call them again and get the same lady with the same attitude and she tells me she will send me 8.4v 4200mAh with deans connectors as a replacement since the ones I ordered magicaly were not in stock anymore. I made sure she confirmed that they would have deans connectors on them. She said yes they will and it will ship out today 9/2 fed-ex. I got another confermation email with the new batteries and new tracking number but the new order did not say "with deans connector" so I called back and got the same lovely lady and she siad it will ship with the deans. Two days go by and I am tracking my order and it still has not left the wearhouse. I call back 9/4 and the same lady tells me it went out USPS. Umm what? I ask her you sent me a fed-ex tracking number and at this point I am wondering if Ill ever get my batteries. she gives me the new USPS tracking number and said it shipped 9/3 and I asked her to repeat my order and confirm that it was shipped with deans connectors. She said yes it was. Well my order arived today and as I feared it has the wrong connectors on it. At this point I am about to blow a fuse. I called all-battery back and the same lady was like DUH.....UHH.....we will ship them out to you Next day air with a lable to send back the wrong item.

I know I can just go buy some female deans and solder them myself but that is not the point but is what I'll end up doing since it's been over a week since I ordered these and its the weekend and I wont get the replacement untill Monday. Anyways I wanted to let everyone know about this company.
Old 09-05-2008, 01:43 PM
budha24

Default RE: Warning about All-Battery.com

WOW that really sucks. Hope all works out. I would either try or stick with cheapbatterypacks.com. Enjoy
Old 09-05-2008, 01:54 PM
grimgard

ORIGINAL: budha24

WOW that really sucks. Hope all works out. I would either try or stick with cheapbatterypacks.com. Enjoy
I have tried that site but they only seem to sell loose batteries? I would want to buy battery packs. not loose batteries.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:10 PM
budha24

You can search by the vehicle you are using the pack for and it will bring you to a build page for that vehicle then you pick your cells, wire gauge, and type of connector. They will be build that pack the way you need it done. On the left of the page click on packs and then search by model.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:28 PM
rcktpwrd

I agree with www.cheapbatterypacks.com. I had good service from them. I emailed asking questions about a very specific pack that I needed and got quick responses with good info!
They custom build all of their packs to each order, even for a 'standard' stick pack...
Old 09-06-2008, 09:37 AM
86waterpumper

Yeah they have their head up their arz lol. I ordered from them a good few months back, and got 12 aa batteries w/ charger, a 3500 8 cell pack with deans, and a deans to tamiya adapter (for my charger) and a single nimh cell for my glow igniter. Well the aa batteries charger and the 8 cell came, but NEITHER of the other two items did. It took several emails and two seperate shipments to finally get it right...not to mention that the battery they sent was the 3800 instead of the 3500. I can't fault them for upgrading except for I had already read horror reports on the 3800 cells, so didn't want that. With that being said, they have the cheapest prices around, I think I paid 15 bucks for the 8 cell pack...so it was still worth it really. I got all that stuff for like 50 shipped haha. In your case, if they were downgrading the mah of the battery I would have expected a partial refund or something...at least whatever the difference in price was between the two. Speaking of cheap batteries, has anyone tried the current powerizer cells? I was fairly pleased with my old 3300 packs from them...
Old 09-06-2008, 01:08 PM
boltech

I've ordered from them 3 times thus far. The first and second times were great... The 3rd Time instead of the 2 4500mAh 7.2 packs I ordered, I got 24 2600mAh AA cells and some fancy plastic cases for them. They were pretty good about it and they shipped me my correct order and told me to keep the 24 AA cells.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:52 PM
MonkeyFist

Wow. Some things never change. I worked for All-battery.com's parent company Tenergy, they are actually in the same building. It was the first job I've had in my life that I actually hated, and thats saying alot as I've had some crappy jobs. I liked washing dishes for minimum wage more then I liked my time at Tenergy. They were having "issues" in the warehouse when I was there over a year ago. I worked in customer service for a short while. It was a never ending stream of pissed off customers and mis shipped items. They were paying me $50,000 a year, but that was not even close to enough for putting up with how poorly run the operation is. Thier products are ok for the most part, but the service lacks severly. I actually had a higher up in the company tell me to ignore a customer's complaint until I had received 3 emails from the customer. That was the final straw for me. It was easy for him to say he didn't have to put up with pissed off people every time the phone rang.
Old 09-09-2008, 05:32 AM
jmcvicker

Sounds like a management issue. I love the USA and all but this is one minor irritant of companies here that makes me think that it is one cause that company owners shipped jobs overseas. You don't get that kind of thing in asian management (like taiwan, india and so on).

Sounds like this: "We got us an order here. Says 3 of something. Go in the grab bag and mail them 2 Lipos and 1 NiMh loose battery. If they complain, make 'em sweat!"

I did buy from them once via eBay. Two 4600 Tenergy packs. I'm pretty happy with them and they actually shipped the right stuff. However, the female deans that were installed were loose (connection holes, not solder) and I replaced them. Upon closer inspection, the stick packs have the batteries made-up with straps that they bend rather than a solder-hammer between the two batteries. The cells themselves appear to have good specs and do hold the 4500 charge, so maybe I'll try to break down the stick packs and rebuild as flat.
Old 09-09-2008, 06:52 PM
MonkeyFist

ORIGINAL: jmcvicker
Sounds like a management issue. I love the USA and all but this is one minor irritant of companies here that makes me think that it is one cause that company owners shipped jobs overseas. You don't get that kind of thing in asian management (like taiwan, india and so on).
I was the only non asian at the company. Everyone from the CEO on down is Chinese. I'm not talking Chinese-American here either most of the people were fresh off the boat.