Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Need answers

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2003, 03:49 PM
Spaceclam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need answers

i am looking at getting into large scale, but when you jump from 80" to ohh let's say, 30%, the cost goes from $400 to around $1300. any idea why? i need to know because if i am going to do this, i need to save up for a few years, i am only 13 working off allowance so it is really a pain.
Old 05-23-2003, 08:37 PM
ballistic1
My Feedback: (27)

Default Need answers

Hello -good Question !
I often wonder that myself !
I guess the best answer is compare the size between the 2
I thought a carden 35%extra was BIG -------but when parked next to a 40%er there is a big difference !the 35% looks now small in size.
Frank
Old 05-23-2003, 09:29 PM
BobH
My Feedback: (2)

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Default need answers

Spaceclam, for your young years here is a quick lesson in Economics. The reason the price goes up the way it does is because people are "willing to buy" at that price. The cost of production and materials does influence the cost of things..... some. What the market will bear ( in the way of prices) is a huge factor when pricing a product. Its not a matter of fairness or a moral issue.. just one of making a living.. Hope this helps.. BobH.
Old 05-23-2003, 10:49 PM
therotund1

Default Need answers

BobH is right on the money. (pun intended) Porsche's and older Land Rover's are perfect examples. If the buyer is willing to pay, the price will remain high. I like practical and inexpensive myself. Well, it's time to hop in my Rambler and go to the day old bread store...