Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

need help on starting

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2003, 04:19 PM
ianpog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help on starting

i'm having a hardtime starting my car. i had my first tank break in and for the 2nd tank, i can start my engine. i've aleady charged my glow starter, checked the glow plug, waht else should i consider? i'm using a drill to start my car w/ the lowest torque. so if the engine floods, i'll discharge fuel from the engine. but still it ain't start. the one thing i havn't adjust yet is the high end needle. any thing i can do to make it start?

NEED HELP PLS!!!
ANYBODY?
Old 05-23-2003, 05:09 PM
Unstable

What engine is it?

first thing. if the engine is getting fuel, air, and heat it should fire. are you getting any kind of kick?

if not something is off.

you said you checked the glow plug.. did you check it by pulling it out and heating it up to see if it gets a nice even glow?

also if the engine is flooding then you might have it rich. reset the needles to facotry settings (cant tell you what they are withough knowing the brand) pull the plug and crank it to blow out the excess fuel and try again.

try starting it without the air filter on. if the filter is dirty then it could be chokeing the carb. (also clean and re-oil the filter)

again some more info would help us out.
Old 05-23-2003, 05:54 PM
*Crash*Johnson*
My Feedback: (7)

Chances are after one tank break in the filter aint clogged. Unless you drive it thru mud...
If I was forced to guess the mixture screw would be 2 1/2 turns out from all the way in. Remember that is a guess. The manual for the specific vehicle would be more accurate than that.

Did it cool back down or is the engine still warm?
Old 05-23-2003, 08:43 PM
ianpog

MY CAR IS A NITRO FUSION. THE ENGINE IS A THUNDER TIGER PRO 21.

AFTER 1 TANK, I LET THE ENGINE COOLED DOWN. AS IN AFTER TWO HOURS OR SO, COZ I HAVE TO GO SOMEWHERE. AFTER THAT, I STARTED IT AGAIN, BUT IT AIN'T STARTING. BUT THERE IS A TIME THAT IT STARTED MAYBE FOR 3 SECS THEN THE ENGINE DIES.
Old 05-23-2003, 09:25 PM
rc10gt-RCU

I also have a fusion and the stock glow plug that comes with the motor is not very good. I recommend you get a different glow plug, you should also turn your low speed needle in 1/8 of a turn as well as your high speed. Then put your finger over the exhaust for 3 seconds while turning the motor over with your drill. Then attach the igniter and turn it over, it should fire right up. I noticed on mine that the stock plug didn't glow very bright even when it was brand new. I changed it out for a mc-59 and my fusion runs great. Hope this helps. By the way you should always do the finger over the exhaust thing everytime you start your fusion. It really helps.
Old 05-23-2003, 09:35 PM
ianpog

oic. so do you think that's the problem? so if i change the glow plug, it will start easily?

i've got another question since you have a fusion too. my problem is some fuel comes out of the starting screw, just behind the washer. i think the reason that happened is because at first i forgot to put the drills torque to its lowest. so i dissaembled the E-start then found a ruined O-ring just behind the washer. that's why there's some fuel coming out. what do you think?

tnx for the help
Old 05-23-2003, 09:43 PM
rc10gt-RCU

That is definately why there was fuel coming out. When you get your new glow plug make sure your glow ignitor has a full charge and test it before putting the new plug in. You should'nt have any problems getting it started after this. Don't forget to adjust the needles a little bit.
Old 05-23-2003, 09:59 PM
ianpog

fuel coming out of that starting screw doesn't mean it won't start right? it will just idle high. so for the needle setting, what will i do? lean or rich? as for the high end needle, i havn't adjust it so far, just the low end needle. so how do i reset that low end needle and how's the adjustment?
Old 05-24-2003, 11:30 AM
*Crash*Johnson*
My Feedback: (7)

Fuel coming outta the starting screw doesn't sound good to me.
Did you replace the O-ring?
Old 05-24-2003, 10:21 PM
ianpog

tnx! ur right! i've change my glow plug to mc-59 and the fusion start great!

how did you break in your fusion?

to johnson: i can't find any o-ring that thin!