Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Need starter question answered....

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2003, 09:44 PM
tenover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need starter question answered....

Hi guys....
I'm thinking about purchasing or trading for this setup here on the forum, but I was wondering if the problem mentioned in this ad is something easy to fix, or does it entail lots of $$$ and time? I'm a total newbie, so any help is appreciated. Here's the link to the "ad"...Thanks.
Car For Sale
Here's the problem he mentions...
"There is only one thing that is wrong with this car, that is the pullstarter/one way bearing is broken. You can get one at your hobby shop or online. Or get a starter box to start the car. "
Old 05-24-2003, 11:33 PM
packfan88
My Feedback: (2)

no that should be an easy fix.

if the pul start is shot prolly like $25 with a new one way bearing. its only four, easily accessible screws to change it.

if he "broke" the one way, and its the type that has a small pin that connect to the crank shaft/connect rod, id be wary of how THAT happened.

email him and ask him what he means by "broke"

btw whats he asking for the truck?
Old 05-25-2003, 12:13 AM
tenover

Well, it WAS down to $265 with everything, but now I've got about $295 worth of trade offered to him....we'll see what happens. Do you think it's worth it?