Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

AMA Renewal / Turbine waiver

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

AMA Renewal / Turbine waiver

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 11:15 AM
MaJ. Woody
My Feedback: (28)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default AMA Renewal / Turbine waiver

Anyone get their new AMA Card or Waiver yet?
I renewed on line last week and have not received anything yet. Did the new waiver come with the new AMA card? Since we no longer need to submit the renewal form for the waiver I just wanted to see how things went.
Old 10-05-2008, 12:22 PM
B58
My Feedback: (43)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AMA Renewal / Turbine waiver

I don't believe you will get a new waiver card. As long as you renew the AMA the card stays valid unless revoked. Think I am right? Bob
Old 10-05-2008, 02:42 PM
Ruizmilton
My Feedback: (29)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Correct, same thing happened to me last year, I was expecting a new waiver card, you won't receive one, the one you have continues to be valid as long as you have a renewed AMA membership, unless waiver is revoked...
Old 10-05-2008, 03:54 PM
MaJ. Woody
My Feedback: (28)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:23 PM
Ray Davis
My Feedback: (1)

Pretty dumb policy, though...huh?

No way to know if a Waiver is current and valid, then, just by seeing the Waiver card.....as it could be last year's/the year before, etc. I've asked them repeatedly why the AMA just doesn't signify 'TW', or just 'W', somewhere/some 'field' on the current AMA Membership card. 'No room' was one answer.

Sure have room for other designations (Leader Member, CD, etc.)....and still plenty of blank space on mine besides the 6117, LC, and CD! I'm going to keep *****ing...there's just no need of a second card.....and mine's getting pretty 'ratty' now, too.

Ray
Old 10-07-2008, 02:48 PM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Ray, the public information turbine waiver holders list is printable, you can print just the page you are on. Most large events have the current list when you show up. In that case, no need for the card.

But I do agree, it should just be put on the ama card. I suspect if you are well known at the events you go to, we will be seeing less and less requiring of showing of the cards. My .02
Old 10-07-2008, 03:03 PM
Ray Davis
My Feedback: (1)

Your right, Sean...that's why I worded it...just 'by seeing' the card. Using the list arguement/logic, and knowing the card may well be out of date and invalid....well, why have them at all? Hey....

The 'list' is totally unknown at local fields, e.g., where they are barely aware there are even Waiver requirements,. Though I do get occasionally asked if I've a Waiver. No lists at MS Qualifiers either...at least here in the NE.

If a card is, indeed, perceived as needed (and apparently still is by Muncie)...then why not make it meaningful and even easier to implement? That's my point, I guess.

Ray
Old 10-07-2008, 06:26 PM
BlackCloud
My Feedback: (12)

Next will be a barcode tattooed to your wrist for scanner identification at the airfield

No Sean, it isn't meant for the bartender to know that you want a Jack 'n' Coke but are too smashed to pronounce it....but that is a good idea LOL

BC