Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Spektrum receiver problem.. help!

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Spektrum receiver problem.. help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 06:05 PM
CTmike100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spektrum receiver problem.. help!

When I first purchased the ar6100e receiever, I was able to power it, bind it, and have it function with all servos and esc correctly. Then, it stopped recognizing my transmitter, THEN the little receiver light turned off. I tried it with two different well-charged lipos. nothing. It's like it's dead. also.. it's brand new!!! the esc likes to beep constantly (it's wondering where the throttle input is..)[:@]

I've only had it for 3 days!! anyone??
Old 10-19-2008, 07:47 PM
jmir
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Spektrum receiver problem.. help!

I've been using Spektrum receivers for some time and have never had any problems with them....... until last week!
I had one of my planes fly off when I lost connection between TX and RX after a few minutes of flying. It just happened all of a sudden. The plane started loosing altitute and it finally crashed.

I sent the receiver back to Horizon Hobby for testing purposes. My transmitter is OK since I can fly my other airplanes without any problems.

Contact your LHS or whomever you purchased it from to see if it can be returned for replacement.
Old 10-19-2008, 07:59 PM
CTmike100

so I guess my receiver's fried then, huh!
Old 10-20-2008, 08:21 AM
jmir

Did you try rebinding the units? If you haven't you should try rebinding it.
The first Spektrum I used frustated me for some time. I couldn't get it to bind properly each time. Then...... I realized I had not removed the binding plug after binding the unit. I felt very stupid at the time.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:39 AM
jmir

ORIGINAL: CTmike100

When I first purchased the ar6100e receiever, I was able to power it, bind it, and have it function with all servos and esc correctly. Then, it stopped recognizing my transmitter, THEN the little receiver light turned off. I tried it with two different well-charged lipos. nothing. It's like it's dead. also.. it's brand new!!! the esc likes to beep constantly (it's wondering where the throttle input is..)[:@]

I've only had it for 3 days!! anyone??
I just re-read your comment.
The ESC should not be beeping constantly after you plug the battery to it. So, there is something wrong going on to make it do that.
Where you able to program the ESC for your application?
Make sure your throttle control is down when you plug your battery in, otherwise the ESC may go into programming mode. That would cause it to continue with the programming beeps.

What's your set up (ESC, battery, motor)?

Sometime ago, I called Horizon Hobby because I was having problems getting the RX going using a DX6i transmitter with a DX6 Rx.
I usually sit on the back of my van, plug the battery in and wait for it to bind. It sometimes took over 3 minutes for it to get going. I was told to get away from large metal areas (like my van) and keep the TX at least 4 feet away, preferably more, from the RX until they "find" each other. I've never had problems since I followed their suggestions.

Here is what I do:
1 TX in off position (yes, it's OK with Spektrum units)
2 Plug battery in
3 Walk away from plane about 6 feet or so
4 Turn TX on
5 Wait for it to find each other
6 Walk away 30 spaces and test the unit's range before flying

Hope the above comments help you out in deciding what's wrong.

Old 10-21-2008, 09:28 PM
CTmike100

I got it to work! the bind plug faced the opposite direction from the other servo plugs. That, and I also needed to stand several feet away for the binding process to begin. thanks for all your advice.

anywho, here's the setup I'm using:

-electrifly Lancair ARF (combo came with 400 motor, 30a esc, 1800mAh NiMH, & prop. anybody wanna buy them?)
-3400kv brushless inrunner
-turnigy 25amp esc
-rhino 2150mah 3s lipo
-4x HXT 9g servos
-ar6100e receiver
-dx5e spektrum tx (no model memory.. needs to rebind for every model...)
Old 10-22-2008, 02:48 PM
jmir

Great! I'm glad you got it work.
By the way, I did not know that the DX5 would work with the Ar6100e receiver. That's good.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:53 AM
jzrf6c

Good advise on getting far away from metal objects when trying to bind. LAst wintwer I was flying in our dome when I sat my DX7 on a metal table and tried to bind. I thought I was DRUNK because the display cam on but UPSIDE down and backwards! I hqad to call over several other flyers to verify it. I turned off the Transmitter, walked twenty feet away and started over. No problems - except for my fears of what else can go wrong!