Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

New Hardware From FeiBao

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

New Hardware From FeiBao

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 07:53 PM
MaJ. Woody
My Feedback: (28)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default New Hardware From FeiBao

I want to point out the hardware that FeiBao has supplied with my F-5E.
In the picture you can see from Top to Bottom Skymaster, FeiBao and Dubro Ball links.

The Skymaster Ball link contains a small ball bearing and does not give much lateral movement.

The Dubro is very robust, it contains a ball and has excellent lateral movement. It is made of plastic however.

Now the FeiBao ball link is designed just like the Dubro but made from aluminum. Very strong, heat resistant and no fear of the threaded rod pulling out (like in plastic). Now to make things even better, it is threaded for 4-40 rods instead of metric. The rods that come with the ball ends are obviously 4-40 and very strong.

I typically throw away the hardware that comes with most kits but this will be the first time I have used the supplied hardware. Those who know me will tell you how particular I am about things so this means a lot!! I only hope that FeiBao will continue to use this hardware in all future kits.

Great Job FeiBao
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay75056.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	1069040   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je11115.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	1069041   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jo31529.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	1069042  
Old 11-09-2008, 08:38 PM
3DHELINUT
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Hardware From FeiBao

Dom when it comes to ball links i will take nylon over Alum any day, Nylon will last longer and is removable with ball link pliers. any fine hard particles will cause the alum outer link to wear on the inner surface. you will also need to lubricate them periodically which will cause fine particle to adhere to the ball and cause premature wear as well.

There is a reason why we do not used metal ball links on heli's, they do not last and we consider them to be BLING.... The best ball links you can buy are from Miniature Aircraft and Vario.

Alan
Old 11-09-2008, 09:15 PM
pilot tw

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

ORIGINAL: 3DHELINUT

Dom when it comes to ball links i will take nylon over Alum any day, Nylon will last longer and is removable with ball link pliers. any fine hard particles will cause the alum outer link to wear on the inner surface. you will also need to lubricate them periodically which will cause fine particle to adhere to the ball and cause premature wear as well.

There is a reason why we do not used metal ball links on heli's, they do not last and we consider them to be BLING.... The best ball links you can buy are from Miniature Aircraft and Vario.

Alan
yes ,Sir

I also got the ball links from this factory last year, http://www.haoyemodel.com/

but i found the aluminum material too bad, and can not use too long time,

this is why we do use the bearing likage from Airpower Taiwan in my all jets,
http://www.airpowernet.com/twe/produ...roducts_id=500

and do not give too much lateral movement for these linkages in you Jets,..
take care........

Sincerely

Anton
Old 11-09-2008, 09:18 PM
Sundownee
My Feedback: (30)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I myself do the same usually, I go thru the kit and replace the weak links parts and upgrade for safety and Paul's sake

I love that new link, ball in alum. bearings were great but no lat movement.

are those new links on the web site to buy seperate?

Keep the great things coming Feibao!!!!

Paul
Old 11-10-2008, 06:10 AM
MaJ. Woody
My Feedback: (28)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

The new links should be available for purchase. I know that Wagner had a box full of them. I did not realize at the time what they were.

It seems like we have a mixed view on these new ball ends. I think that a jet application is much different from a heli application in that there is really no vibration to speak of. I don't know anything about heli's but it seems that the tiny range of motion in my elevators coupled with little to no vibration should make wear a minor consideration. I will keep a close eye on the slop. Those who know me can tell you that I do an extensive pre flight before EACH AND EVERY flight.

Keep the opinions coming. I am curious what everyone else thinks.
Thanks,