Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

What would you guys pay for this boat??

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

What would you guys pay for this boat??

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 07:25 PM
BigBoyzToyz08

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What would you guys pay for this boat??

I was planning on purchasing this boat but something came up and didn't have the funds.. Now i see the price has dropped so am thinking of trying to put offer in,hoping for someone to tell me what would be a good deal to get it for? I know tower hobbies have them for $699 and i am local so i could pick up instead of paying sooo much for shipping!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=140280630425

Thank You for the opinions!
Old 11-08-2008, 07:40 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: What would you guys pay for this boat??

Any thing less than the price listed is decent.

Your getting a lot of boat for your $$ - especially if you can avoid that $90 shipping charge.
Old 11-08-2008, 07:57 PM
soundguykaraoke50

i would look at other options than the rio.the fuji motor leaves a bad taste in my mouth.not the best in boating.nows the time to buy a boat ,as winter starts setting in.there will be lots of great deals soon.
Old 11-08-2008, 07:59 PM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree and although soundguy wont say it i know he has some boats for sale and hes a standup kinda guy .
Mart
Old 11-08-2008, 11:57 PM
mowerman88
My Feedback: (11)

i love my rio and not a minutes trouble out of my fugi,either of you own a rio if so what problems have you had with your fugi it would be hard to have a bad taste from something you have not personally tasted only trouble i ever had was when i swap the radio to spektrum crash that boat bought a scratch and dent and still run my fugi i put a qd pipe on it and so far got 44.7 mph out of it with the grim 3 blade prop and futaba fasst radio agian i love my rio here a vid after the pipe swap trying a 257 carb next http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QiZgKwL9TQ
Old 11-09-2008, 12:07 AM
JakeDW

ORIGINAL: lawnmower man

i love my rio and not a minutes trouble out of my fugi,either of you own a rio if so what problems have you had with your fugi it would be hard to have a bad taste from something you have not personally tasted only trouble i ever had was when i swap the radio to spektrum crash that boat bought a scratch and dent and still run my fugi i put a qd pipe on it and so far got 44.7 mph out of it with the grim 3 blade prop and futaba fasst radio agian i love my rio
I would like to hear what the Fugi sounds like with the hotpipe on it.

Jake
Old 11-09-2008, 12:10 AM
mowerman88

working on that jake my current camera don't have sound but give me a week or so i let you hear it
Old 11-09-2008, 02:08 AM
soundguykaraoke50

yes i do have a fuji.i just dont like the other parts that go with it.header is crap,not real fast.i dont have a rio,but the v24.i pulled the fuji motor and replaced with a zenoah.just beause there are more aftermarket hopup parts avalable for the zen.very limited on the fuji.hard just to find a good pipe is tough enough on these motors.
Old 11-09-2008, 04:30 AM
Justaddwata

If I am not mistaken the V24 has the smaller 24cc Fuji. The Rio runs a 26cc Fuji. True not many hop ups for a fuji. But it is a Cool looking boat and it runs a very respectable entry level speed. It is RTR (radio and all). And it costs less than a full mod Zenoah with pipe.

If you consider the entry level RTR offerings - it beings some decent features to the table and certainly more style than boats costing twice as much. Several other entry level RTR's come with the fake zenoah and I am not convinced that it is any better an option than any of the Fuji's. While more hop ups may fit a fake zenoah - you will still have to put a real zenoah in there to not have a fake zenoah.

I threw a set of batteries in one of my Rios tonight and hope to get her wet tomorrow.

I also went over the Rio and while I can see some areas of potential improvement - would hate to be trying to build one of these for less $$

Old 11-09-2008, 07:01 AM
soundguykaraoke50

nice,i hope your rio runs as good as she looks.i'm not a fan of the fuji,but i hope yours is a good performer.my dealings were with its older brother the 24cc.the motor ran perfect for about 3 months then the header cracked.plus i wasnt happy with the performance.i replaced the fuji with the zen,moved the cg towards the rear about 6%.the hull did a lot better after this change.i do like the 3rd channel trim on the fly adjustable stinger.although i have rolled this boat over in the turns more than once,like a slow barrel roll.i haven't run my boats this year cause i'm down for the count.botched up back surgery{stuck in a wheelchair}.
the rio looks like a good design,and the larger fuji is probably a stronger motor.is the header still a problem?
Old 11-09-2008, 07:05 AM
soundguykaraoke50

lawnmowerman,that rio looks great.good job on the pipe and cuting the cowling.were you able to use the stock header?
Old 11-09-2008, 08:32 AM
jeraudet

i would look in to other options myself. u can pick up a boat with out a motor for much cheaper, then get a new zenoah 260 for around 200.00.
Old 11-09-2008, 10:14 AM
mowerman88

soundguy that is a qd wtc pipe all one piece any header and pipe that fits zen fits the 28cc fugi ,not fast? my rio is going as fast as any stock zen rio with that new pipe and it is a new 28cc fugi in the rio,and sound guy that like is comparing apples to oranges or like comparing the old zen 230 against the new 260 just not the same engines like the old and new fugis not the same engines new ones are much better.sound guy you defend the honor of the sikk motors becuase you have time on them and know they are good don't let one old experience with one engines turn you off the whole brand i'm sure there are bad zens aswell i have read a couple of post on zens hard to start and tune that don't make all of them bad.
Old 11-09-2008, 10:24 AM
soundguykaraoke50

point taken.i don't have the new fuji,and you are right about trying to compare the two.all i can comment on are the 24cc fuji motors cause i haven't had a new one.i am sure the new motors are much improved over the older ones.the fuji wasn't the problem,the parts that bolted up to the fuji were.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:55 PM
BigBoyzToyz08

Thank you for the advice J.A.W yea like you said i think the rio looks real cool too,and dont want it to race just wanna have fun with it .Also am very good with 2-stroke engines so not too worried about the fugi (for now anyway).... I know u said you were getting the Rio wet the other day , how did things go???????
Old 11-10-2008, 09:44 PM
yamahatech

Since you guys are talking about the rtr rio hows the stock radio that comes with it.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:05 PM
mowerman88

it's made by futaba and i never had any prolems with mine as a matter of fact i use it in my retrieval boat now still no problems
Old 11-11-2008, 12:24 AM
Justaddwata

ORIGINAL: BigBoyzToyz08

Thank you for the advice J.A.W yea like you said i think the rio looks real cool too,and dont want it to race just wanna have fun with it .Also am very good with 2-stroke engines so not too worried about the fugi (for now anyway).... I know u said you were getting the Rio wet the other day , how did things go???????
I took a lot longer working on Petes boat than hoped. I ended up only running one boat (not the Rio) as we did not end up with much light. Will have to see if I can get out another day soon though

[link=http://imageevent.com/justaddwata/boatingbeachpond]Sunday run[/link]

Old 11-11-2008, 02:22 AM
MrMikeG

The "Extra's" he lists are worth about $3 to me, and that depends on what kind of sparkplug it is. Second hand is second hand.
Old 11-11-2008, 05:03 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cool video Matt you gotta love those enforcers in the rough stuff Jamie or doubledog posted some cool pics of his running in some heavy chop and they were awesome too.As for the Rio cant wait to see how she runs and hear what you think of the fuji .
Mart