Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

7015/3 prop on Blackjack 55?

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

7015/3 prop on Blackjack 55?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 06:16 PM
MrMikeG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 7015/3 prop on Blackjack 55?

another cheap little upgrade you can do is remove the head gasket to lower the squish and add a little compression. i put one of carlos's .002" soft copper gaskets in. i know some people that take it out and just use ultra copper rtv to seal it. i use the soft copper because i don't have a torque wrench and am afraid it will leak. i'm not sure what kind of gain it gives because i changed it before i had my gps.
That Mod alone will make your motor run worse if you don't change your port timing at the same time. Lowering the head reduces your exhaust timing.
Old 10-10-2008, 06:27 PM
black talon
My Feedback: (5)

it dosen't change the timing enough to effect it at all.
Old 10-10-2008, 06:34 PM
rcboateric
Banned

Use a thin gasket to replace a stock one, it'd increase the engine compression but the boat won't go any faster.
Old 10-10-2008, 06:49 PM
black talon

but it will help with a prop that has more diameter or pitch.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:22 PM
kwiktsi

Yup, I can't see why it would have to be so high out of the water, but everyone kept saying it had to be raised to get it to work, so I figured what the hell and raised it . No harm in trying, but I knew it wasn't a height issue- it just did not want to pull that prop. I could actually see the boat slowing down the higher I raised it, but the motor was picking up RPM, so it just couldn't spin it with a load on it. I just don't think the hull is very good for going fast. I think the boat itself has too much drag in the water... It can do it, but the same power levels would make a better hull much faster.

I hope the 472 is a better match for this boat, I'm sure it will be though.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:31 PM
black talon

sorry!

Old 10-10-2008, 07:46 PM
rcboateric
Banned

ORIGINAL: kwiktsi
I think the boat itself has too much drag in the water... It can do it, but the same power levels would make a better hull much faster.

I hope the 472 is a better match for this boat, I'm sure it will be though.
I agree, if the same engine mounts on a light weight mono or cat, it would go much faster, good luck with your new prop.
Old 11-12-2008, 07:35 PM
towmissel

I work on rc boats and a friend on mine has a blackjack 55 he gave it to me and said do what ever I can to make the boat run faster and not flip all the time he is tired of going out and getting it all the time
so I took out clutch water pump and lowered the stuffing tube so the bottom of the strut is level with the bottom of the boat put on a 275 prather stainless steel with a texas cut . the two back motor mount
bolt slots had to be sloted a little more to line up the flex cable installed a collet on the motor and made it a direct drive got 42.9 GPS top speed but the handling was great we even ran ovel track
wide open If you would like to see go to youtube type in 42 mph blackjack 55

byyouboyz rc boats
Old 11-12-2008, 10:26 PM
PEERPSI

I'm getting 40 mph out of mine with an ABC 2714/3 polished and balanced. I did have to adjust the strut down from max up in order to be able to drive it. First time out it would have likely gone over 40 but the boat never touched the water and eventually did a barrel roll.

I'm finding that the engine sounds more loaded then it did with the stock prop. Next up more HP, turbine or modded Zenoah? Hmm....
Old 11-12-2008, 10:38 PM
PEERPSI

ORIGINAL: towmissel

I work on rc boats and a friend on mine has a blackjack 55 he gave it to me and said do what ever I can to make the boat run faster and not flip all the time he is tired of going out and getting it all the time
so I took out clutch water pump and lowered the stuffing tube so the bottom of the strut is level with the bottom of the boat put on a 275 prather stainless steel with a texas cut . the two back motor mount
bolt slots had to be sloted a little more to line up the flex cable installed a collet on the motor and made it a direct drive got 42.9 GPS top speed but the handling was great we even ran ovel track
wide open If you would like to see go to youtube type in 42 mph blackjack 55

byyouboyz rc boats
Faster to search towmissel if you want to see this video.