Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

If I only knew

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 03:58 AM
3-172IN MTN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If I only knew

I just recently recieved my Picco P3 and mounted it in an extended Savvy 25 in order to get it broken in without to many scars on the cooling head.

First day out doing some heat cycles it started right away with no issues, about ten pulls, not to bad for a dry motor.

Second day I had it out it was a bit cooler outside and had some issues getting it started but PM'ed BudBud and he helped me out and it started. I brought it around for a couple of medium speed circles and the CB stripped. Oh was I mad as I have checked the mesh over and over and also have been running a plastic spur on my X chassis with no issues at all. So, I knew it was not the mesh.

I decided to check the bearings in the Transmission in order to be sure that this was not binding, which it was, so I had a couple extra trannies laying around and replaces the bearings in the tranny, as it is a 3 spd and the others a 2 spd.

For good measure, since I bought it used, I also changed the engine mount plate. It did have some stripped screws and I figured that I had it figured out.

Went outside and started her up, Third pull this time, and ren a few low to medium speed passes in my front yard and boom, STRIPPED CB.

I looked it all over and found what is pictured below. I took the pics after I figured everythingh out and thought that you guys might also find this interesting.

After removing the engine and plate twice to check on things you would think I would have noticed the broken off heads that hole the rear of the engine down.

I have not run it yet, but I am hoping that this solves the issue...
Old 11-13-2008, 04:13 AM
BudBud

Default RE: If I only knew

All I have to say is the guy must have Gorilla Wrists! Holy Smokes.... We even had a texting exchange about the engine mounts.... Sure did a nice job on that clutch bell though! I am betting that under his breath he has called me all kinds of names this week.... That's okay though... he's not the only one... [8D] I think your issues are done now though, free sailing... until the next little gremlin comes along! What else did you attack with those big guns of yours???? Bud
Old 11-13-2008, 04:19 AM
3-172IN MTN

Had nothing mean to say as I know all of the issues I have come across are due to user error. The engine mount and plate are the ones that you sent me, but my big guns were to much for them...

BudBud you are my Nitro Sensei!!!
Old 11-13-2008, 04:37 AM
BudBud

LOL!! You got it figured out and are well on the way to enjoying that new Picco.... life is gooooood!!!! Bud
Old 11-13-2008, 11:02 AM
PrjctStrtFrce
My Feedback: (10)

Wait, so you over-tightened them which caused them to snap and made the motor mount loose?
Old 11-13-2008, 11:55 AM
3-172IN MTN

I either over tighened or that Picco is so powerful that the screws snapped!!!
Old 11-13-2008, 04:50 PM
PrjctStrtFrce
My Feedback: (10)

You better follow your sig rules and get yourself a flashy motor mount
Old 11-13-2008, 05:27 PM
3-172IN MTN

I happened to get quite the parts lot when I purchased a 25 about a month ago. [link=http://www.novarcproducts.com/savagemount.html]This is one of my parts that came with the 25 parts lot!![/link] Also I have a titanium engine plate. I do not know who made that but I just returned from a double at work and need to get some sleep. I will post it up when I get to work tonight!!
Old 11-13-2008, 10:30 PM
BudBud

He got all kinds of cool stuff in that auction...including a Picco 27 with a Twisted Nut head! I never saw one before... it is a good thing I did not realize what all was there... it might have cost him a lot more! Everybody needs to score one like that once in awhile.....
Old 11-14-2008, 12:06 AM
3-172IN MTN

That so far was my absolute best score on eBay!!

I have 4 more 17t CB so I am not so worried about ruining any more of them. What a fiasco the entire escapade was. I never thought to look at those screws.

Old 11-14-2008, 01:48 AM
3-172IN MTN

I said before that I would post a link to the Hardcore racing Titanium Engine Mount Plate!! Well, before I did not know what it was called so I went to the eBay listing again and found the name of my part. So, now [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXEZW0]here it is!![/link]

Did not realize that it was titanium. Anybody have experience with this stuff before??
Old 11-14-2008, 02:21 AM
BudBud

Man!! You have all the cool stuff!!
Old 11-14-2008, 02:29 AM
3-172IN MTN

I am looking for a picture of the chassis mounts. They are HotBodies and they have the cooling fins on them also. I hope all this stuff works as after this I am going to have to wait because I have no more mounts or engine plates..
Old 11-14-2008, 09:26 AM
3-172IN MTN

Here are some pictures of my Hardcore racing Titanium Engine Mount Plate and my Nova RC Products engine mount all mounted up with my Picco P3 on top. Be aware that my tank is just flopped over the other side and not some crazy tank modd. I was just to lazy to remove it completely....