Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

copying boats

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

copying boats

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 02:10 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: copying boats

Not really. I bought an Aeromarine Titan 21 from Remy himself and it didn't have the label in it. The deal wasn't exactly above-boards though if you know what I mean. "Factory second".
Old 11-13-2008, 02:13 AM
nvs motorsports

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

secret black ops super fast fully blue printed does not exist in public eye deal i get it
Old 11-13-2008, 02:25 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

That story sounds good too!
No numbers, no label so it must not have been made.
I've already said too much.
There was an issue a while back with some Aeromarine hulls over in England and parts around there where people did question whether or not they were the real deal. JoTiKa Ltd. is the Aeromarine distributor over there and were authorized to make Aeromarine hulls but no numbers, labels or certificates were used in them. The gel-coating looked bad but were pulled from the real molds.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:30 AM
nvs motorsports

I think manufacturers should allow certain molds to be purchased an made with an agreement in place so the initial cost of molds are covered then they could have certain people around the world fabricate tha boats cut out the freight an everyone is happy
Old 11-13-2008, 02:49 AM
Silent-AV8R

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: JakeDW
LAWYER ?
Jake
Nope just good with Google and a basic understanding of how things work. Actually I am a geologist by education and profession.
Old 11-13-2008, 03:06 AM
w3bby

ORIGINAL: nvs motorsports

I think manufacturers should allow certain molds to be purchased an made with an agreement in place so the initial cost of molds are covered then they could have certain people around the world fabricate tha boats cut out the freight an everyone is happy
I believe I am correct in saying that the former Offshore Models did this with the Supercat, he purchased moulds from PPB in Belgium to produce hulls for the US market.
Cost of the mould and maybe a small provision for every hull sold, shouldn't be too hard to reach an agreement for established producers.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:38 AM
JakeDW

ORIGINAL: w3bby

ORIGINAL: nvs motorsports

I believe I am correct in saying that the former Offshore Models did this with the Supercat, he purchased moulds from PPB in Belgium to produce hulls for the US market.
Cost of the mould and maybe a small provision for every hull sold, shouldn't be too hard to reach an agreement for established producers.
Drag cat next please.

Jake
Old 11-13-2008, 09:39 AM
JakeDW

ORIGINAL: Silent-AV8R

LAWYER ?
Jake
Nope just good with Google and a basic understanding of how things work. Actually I am a geologist by education and profession.
I see you stayed at a Holiday Inn express last night.

Jake
Old 11-13-2008, 11:17 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jake i didnt know you were a Googlest lol
Mart
Old 11-13-2008, 03:32 PM
MrMikeG

Cost of the mould and maybe a small provision for every hull sold, shouldn't be too hard to reach an agreement for established producers
I think Paul gave them to Eddie, he just had to pay shipping on the mould. Iteresting to note Pauls hulls are epoxy and Eddies polyester.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:20 PM
dicko

LAWYER ?
Jake
Geologists Rock. Do you work in soft or hard rock? I currently work on soft rocks looking for black gold.

Back to splashes, I won't buy a splashed boat, unless it's an authorized splash. I'll support the guy who made the design, not someone that ripped it off. If there is an agreement to build in another country, I'm all for that as it reduces cost of shipping, but blatant rip offs aren't cool in my book.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:22 AM
Squidhead Racing

ORIGINAL: dicko

LAWYER ?
Jake
Geologists Rock. Do you work in soft or hard rock? I currently work on soft rocks looking for black gold.

Back to splashes, I won't buy a splashed boat, unless it's an authorized splash. I'll support the guy who made the design, not someone that ripped it off. If there is an agreement to build in another country, I'm all for that as it reduces cost of shipping, but blatant rip offs aren't cool in my book.
A Geo hey, nice work. A little off topic, but I now work in the Airborne Geophysics industry, some really great people in it too. Gravity, Mag/Spec, EM and Gradiometry. Small world hey.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:15 AM
Silent-AV8R

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Squidhead Racing

A Geo hey, nice work. A little off topic, but I now work in the Airborne Geophysics industry, some really great people in it too. Gravity, Mag/Spec, EM and Gradiometry. Small world hey.
Just curious, when doing your work in the Outback, would that be referred to as REALLY Remote Sensing or simply Remote remote sensing?? Just curious.

Reunite Gondwanaland!!!!