Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

FINALLY finished the Kanai 2 with the WS7-2

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

FINALLY finished the Kanai 2 with the WS7-2

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2003, 11:05 PM
mkinla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FINALLY finished the Kanai 2 with the WS7-2

Thought I'd post a pic. since it took me like 10 hours to put together the only thing left is to paint the body.

On the 4th tank of break in and the motor has some major grunt to it.

Think I definitely need an RB WS7-2 in the Hyper 7.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	82635_27971.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	48615  
Old 05-31-2003, 12:53 AM
packfan88
My Feedback: (2)

hell yeah !!!

very nice. how much you up to on price spent?
Old 05-31-2003, 02:12 AM
mkinla

Well I got the kit for $609 from Ace-Hobbies, the motor, header and pipe from Pegasus hobbies for $369. Then I can use my JR Racing radio on like 5 cars so I'm reusing that on this car and the servos I scavenged from my Savage which are a Hitec 945 for the stearing and a hi torgue 60 Cirrus for throttle and breaking.

I'm painting the body right now flouresent green like the wheels and flouresent orange to match the motor I think it's gonna look awesome. If not at least I'll be able to see my car at the track.

Once it's done I'll post it.

Later

p.s. Partially Parted out Savage for sale with a Hyper 8 port motor. Actually It's a steal for $300 since I can put the stock servos and radio on it.
Old 05-31-2003, 03:15 AM
kyokai2

Looks like a cloan of my rig, except Im running the C5 with an RB polished 086 and Waller power adapter. Let us RB guys know how you like the WS-7 2, I have heard its a bit stronger than than the WS-7 1 and its running a little cooler with the C5 head. How is the break-in working for ya, what steps did you take to break it in. Look forward to seeing the completed rig.
Old 05-31-2003, 03:37 AM
mkinla

So far I've broken in 3 .21 motors and this one has been amazing.

I didn't have to do anything to the motor i.e settings.

I'm on the fourth tank and I've turned in the high end probable one full turn to get the temp up since it's at 180 degrees. So far it's running cool, I'd like it to be alittle higher about 200 so everything sets in properly, but it's been extremely conservative on the fuel. It took like 30 - 45 minutes at idle to go thru the first tank, actually I'm not sure because it was taking so long I had like 5 phone calls.

Just blipping the throttle and since it's got the new limited slip diffs in it, it seems like a frog because it jumps.

It's already dark out and I've got the first part of the pant job done so I'll wait tomorrow to finish breaking in the motor, but I can already tell it's going to be sick.

Hopefully the paintjob will come out awesome and my driving will be as good as the car.

p.s. I was at my LHS and some guy was talking some smack about the Kanai 2 compared to the MBX-5 yadda yadda yadda, and that's just lame we do this hobby because it's fun. I could care less what car someone has as long as they are being cool, having fun and willing to share their women, just kidding about the women part.