Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Complete newb needs a bit of help?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 06:17 AM
micky35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Complete newb needs a bit of help?

Hello everyone! Firstly I would like to say what a great site this is, I have been doing some research and have found this site the best by far!
I have just bought my first car which is a second hand Thunder Tiger TS-4N Pro v2.0 which I have managed to get going after studying the instructions have managed to get it going.
I have a few complete newb questions (please don't laugh lol) and would be greatful if anyone could help me out.
Firstly I have noticed that there are 4 re-chargable batteries in the car itself which are for the transmitter, do I have to take the batteries out to charge them, as there is a wire in the car that looks like it could be used for charging????
Also when the car is running how do you turn it off? (I know your laughing! ha ha) apart from running out of fuel.
Also is there any good tips out there for cleaning the internals of the car?, is there anything I should/shouldn't use?

I appreciate any help, can't wait to get out after work with it, think I have caught the bug!
Old 12-19-2008, 07:13 AM
Losi Driva

Default RE: Complete newb needs a bit of help?

Ok the lead from the batteries can be unplugged to charge them.

The car can be turned off by covering the exhaust with a rag or by bumping the flywheel with the handle of a screwdriver (the flywheel: look at the bottom of the chassis and the thing that is attached to the front of the engine (the spinning thing) just tap that and it will stop.

As for cleaning it, just use an old tooth brush and a bit of WD-40 and use this to clean the car or you can use an air compressor to blow all the dirt of your car. Make sure your engine doesn't get any of the dust in it though, keep it well covered

HAVE FUN!
Old 12-19-2008, 08:33 AM
micky35

Cheers for the reply mate, I will have a look for a charger as it looks like a bit of a job to get the batteries in and out all the time. Thanks again
Old 12-19-2008, 03:26 PM
nubzorz

u can alos cut the motor off by squeezing the fuel line to stop the flow if fuel into the motor or just put your finger over the exhaust it should shut right off but the exhaust will be hot so be carful.
Old 12-19-2008, 04:25 PM
Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: nubzorz

u can alos cut the motor off by squeezing the fuel line to stop the flow if fuel into the motor or just put your finger over the exhaust it should shut right off but the exhaust will be hot so be carful.
I dont reccomend doing those because when you plug the fuel line the engine leans out (I only do this when Im tuning the LSN) and when you plug the exhaust there is a bunch of fuel left in the engine.