Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Lipo for DX3R

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 07:46 PM
allE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lipo for DX3R

I know the DX3R runs on 6v. Would a 2s 7.4v lipo be too much voltage?? I'd like to get away from using the AA batteries if I could.
Old 12-14-2008, 04:24 AM
nomobux
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Lipo for DX3R

ORIGINAL: allE

I know the DX3R runs on 6v. Would a 2s 7.4v lipo be too much voltage?? I'd like to get away from using the AA batteries if I could.
Why ??? I use 4 rechargable AA and they last forever. No reason to hassell and spend $$ on lipos.
Old 12-14-2008, 12:35 PM
Pathous
My Feedback: (12)

I also run rechargeable AA's and get 10-12 hours use before I need to charge them.
Old 12-14-2008, 11:23 PM
allE

Why ??? I use 4 rechargable AA and they last forever. No reason to hassell and spend $$ on lipos.
Well, I wouldn't be spending any money as I have several small 2s lipos currently.
In the past, long long time ago I didn't have much luck with rechargable AA's. Maybe things have changed? Plus I would have to get a charger for the AA's. So actually IF a 2s lipo would work it would be cheaper for me.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:33 AM
Druss

I would consider putting a 6v regulator on it but there should be no reason for it not to work. I bet that within the year someone will come out with a lipo for it.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:43 AM
Chris_RC

Can you say paperweight? [sm=lol.gif]
Old 12-15-2008, 01:28 AM
nomobux
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: allE

Well, I wouldn't be spending any money as I have several small 2s lipos currently.
In the past, long long time ago I didn't have much luck with rechargable AA's. Maybe things have changed? Plus I would have to get a charger for the AA's. So actually IF a 2s lipo would work it would be cheaper for me.
The DX3R is very easy on Batts.
Old 12-26-2008, 03:12 PM
JLRevo

Get a 6volt lipo regulator and you'll be alright. Lipo is the way to go if you can afford it. I like the idea of running all day withpout having to turn my truck or controller off to "conserve power". When we go out we go out all day and bring our 12 volt charger along for added security. I have lipos in everything I can put them in.
alle hope you have good luck and enjoy. When everyones batteries are dead you'll still be going. Plus you can charge your lipo today and not worry about charge on race day. Even if it isnt for a month.