Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric On-Road vehicles, race cars and more Discuss electric RC on-road vehicles here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers, brushed motors, etc

i need help plzz

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 04:28 AM
jetto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i need help plzz

i have tt-01d i want to help on what to buy i have to batt.. 1800 and 1900 mah i want to make more power
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98706.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	1102231   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gc91043.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	1102232   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rw59248.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	1102233  
Old 01-03-2009, 09:36 AM
nurch

Default RE: i need help plzz

Aer you using the Tamiya supplied ESC and motor? If do not think LiPo packs would work, but I think you could use NiMH batteries. They have 4200 Mah NiMH assembled packs you could purchase for your car.

By the way, I like the body! Greaty work!
Old 01-03-2009, 12:05 PM
Druss

Of course lipo packs would work.... they are not magic, the esc doesn't care whether you use lipo, nicad or nimh as long as you're in the voltage range it operates on and has enough amps.

A lot of people seem to have the misconception that you can't use a lipo on a brushed esc or that you can only use a lipo on brushless... this is not the case at all, they are just batteries.

A 6 cell nimh has 7.2v nominal charge, the 2S lipo has 7.4v nominal. Considering most brushed escs will handle up to 8 cell nimh's, which are 9.6v nominal, why would they not be able to handle a 7.4v lipo?

The only thing to keep in mind is that the newer escs (almost all brushless) have lipo cut offs built in. I'm sure a new brushed esc developed today would also have a lipo cut off. So if you use a lipo with an older esc, regardless of brushed or brushless, make sure to use a lipo cutoff or keep track of your runtime vs. voltage to prevent over discharge.

If you're buying a new battery, regardless of type, get something a minimum of 3600mah.
Old 01-03-2009, 06:37 PM
nurch

Oh wow, Druss to the rescue again! I did not know that about Brushed ESCs. The people at the local indoor track were saying to stick with Brushless since they can handle LiPo better than brushed ESCs.

And you are right about ESCs now that I think about it. I have this unopened LRP Sphere ESC sitting here that can handle 9.6v, which is 2.2v more than a LiPo.

Where do you think you could get these voltage cut-off thingamabobs?
Old 01-03-2009, 07:51 PM
yahman1254
My Feedback: (1)

idk, but druss is right. but remember that if u are buying lipo, unless u upgrade the esc, a 3 cell would fry it. remember to stick to 2 cell.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:16 AM
Druss

ORIGINAL: nurch

Oh wow, Druss to the rescue again! I did not know that about Brushed ESCs. The people at the local indoor track were saying to stick with Brushless since they can handle LiPo better than brushed ESCs.

And you are right about ESCs now that I think about it. I have this unopened LRP Sphere ESC sitting here that can handle 9.6v, which is 2.2v more than a LiPo.

Where do you think you could get these voltage cut-off thingamabobs?
Just do a search for low voltage cut off... i'm sure tower has one.

Here's one, http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXPGM8&P=M or do a search for liposhield.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:19 AM
samguan

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i have 3600mah ni-mh. pretty fast with 17T motor
Old 01-04-2009, 12:44 AM
brownstone101

i use GP3600 pack and my ta05 was holding well in front of a guy with a lipo same class as me too so i do like the good matched packs tho[8D]