Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Gas powered RC car...

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 11:19 PM
samguan

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Gas powered RC car...

Does anybody have one here? How do you find it compare to nitro...

I'm so sick and tire of the tuning thing...I heard that gas engines are much more stable and does not require too much tuning like nitro engines do.

I'm looking out for a gas RC car... I only that HPI has Baja but I think it is only 2WD..

Any brand name gas RC that has 4WD??

Please give me as much comments as you can on gas powered cars...

Also, one thing that I like is those cars take regular gas from gas stations..
Old 01-07-2009, 12:04 AM
s7jstep1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Gas powered RC car...

talk to foxy
Old 01-07-2009, 12:13 AM
wave waker

check the giant scale forum,,,here's mine,,,hitting 48 mph stock, same speed of my stock revo, but more stable and consistent,,but u know i'm still love and enjoying nitro it's a nitro thing
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wt59387.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	1105329   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez81210.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	1105330  
Old 01-07-2009, 12:45 AM
scoobs92

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check here http://www.duratrax.com/cars/dtxd98-...d98-index.html
Old 01-07-2009, 01:44 PM
Thomas B. Chong
My Feedback: (6)

I have a Baja 5b and yes, you tune it once and (almost) never again. The start reliably with the pull start and the engines are much more robust/durable/strong. The downside of it is that it's big, heavy and heavy...jumping is taxing on the car with all that weight behind it, and you're pretty much limited to bashing only (which is fine) because there aren't many tracks to run them on.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:04 PM
MadManAndrew

Go to the Large Scale Forum thats where the gas RC discussion is...
Old 01-07-2009, 05:17 PM
cenracer1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Baja 5B and I honestly can't say anything negative about it... Yes its 2WD but thats one of the best things about it.. There is nothing like watching the big buggy slide thru turns watching the suspension work.. Everyone who sees it can't get over the size of the truck and watching the shocks and arms move with the body almost stationary.. The are big and loud.. If you think nitro is loud, you've never heard a 1/5th scale when its on the pipe..
tuning is usually done only during large temperature swings.. and it takes about 5 seconds to get it right.. Just can't run them lean at all or kiss the motor goodbye.. but thats pretty hard to do... The guy I run with has a baja as well and he also runs his FG monster truck.. Its quite a bit heavier and a bit slower.. Still runs very well for its size.. I think its a bit over 30 lbs... the Baja is around 22lbs.. There are some decent 4WD trucks out there... I know MCD makes some, but you are getting into even more $$$.. HPI also makes the 5T, which is a Trophy truck.. basically a 5B with some different parts and a truck body.. These are the big players out there with the most support and hop ups available.... Stick with one of these and you will be fine...