Community
Search
Notices
User Product Reviews Post a full review of your latest kit, ARF, heli, engine, radio, whatever! Read what others have to say about them.

Top Cap

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2002, 12:00 PM
John B
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top Cap

The Box:

Opened the box and was pleasantly surprised. Covering looked great and ALL the
hardware was there.
Instructions:
Well this leaves something to be desired, they forgot to give me a set....buddy bought
one so I borrowed his. Hmmmmm, guess what? they sent Su-Do-Khoi instructions in
his!!!! Well they work with a little head scratching.
Assembly:
Okay get to put it together now, wings are strait, fuse is flat all the control surfaces
hinge cut. actually a nice job by them.
The elevator and horizontal stabilizer are tricky to install the cut out in the fuse is huge
for it and I cut away too much covering(or more than I had to). all fixed with a little
white covering.
Radio gear:
Never installed all the gear in a wing before I like it!!! I moved the servos back in
the bays as I want to use a Saito 91 and was a little worried that it might come out nose
heavy. I REALLY like the pull-pull setup on the rudder and elevator, easy to set up and
works so nice.
:boxing: Power:
Like I said earlier I am installing a Saito 91 on it . Not so much because I am a power
fiend as I cant afford a new engine for it right now and I have the .91
The .91 fits nicely, had to cut about 3/16” off the top and bottom mount rails to make it
fit . The mount flanges on the engine only overlapped the fuse sheeting by 1/8” on either
side. turned out looking great. Moved it all the way to the back and it balanced at 5 1/4”
right on the back side of the suggested CG.(hope this is right as I am going by the
Su-do-khoi manual.).
Flying:
YEEEHAAAAAWWWWWW.....this thing is fun, tracks well slows down good,
knife edge is a no brainier. The 15/6 creates a lot of torque so if I change throttle in knife
edge I need to use aileron to get it too stay, otherwise it stays on its side with little or no
aileron input. Course it hovers......now if I could. It lands nice and easy, maybe a little
bigger tires for a snowy field. I like this plane definitely a keeper!!!!
i would buy another , has a few problems but nothing that cant be easily fixed. Other than the instructions morris did a very good job.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	6364_163.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	4643  
Old 03-21-2002, 05:20 PM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Top Cap

Ill have to agree, mine came with the sudo instructions, Oh well, But it does fly like a champ!! I have a saito .72 on mine and am very happy with a 13X4W prop, Mine will hover at less than half throttle with this combo, half throttle is vertical unlimited!

Ill post a few pics here later of contents of box!